BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Time to wish ...

Go down 
+3
papa
bluegill
ridgerunner
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Time to wish ... Empty
PostSubject: Time to wish ...   Time to wish ... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 8:51 am

If money were no object what would you have for your fishing gear? Just trying to get an idea of folks dream boats, towing vehicle, tackle and equipment here.

For me I'd like to have a pontoon and a jon boat. I'd like the pontoon for the bigger water but on some of those lakes I'd need a jon to get in the coves. I'd like a solar panel pack on the pontoon to keep batteries charged for an electric motor. I think I'd like a diesel motor for the boat so I could run it on old cooking oil. Although that would probably make me hungry. lol! lol! I would also like the electronics I need to find the most likely habitat for fish. As part of that electronics package I'd like an underwater camera. My tow vehicle would be a small diesel pickup that got great gas mileage. I could also run it off the french fry oil. For reels I'd like a couple of Abu Garcia's bait casters and a couple of Penn Senators. As far as rods go they would have to be sturdy enough to back up the reels. Oh and I'd like a bank roll to operate all this stuff.

Let's hear about your dream outfit.

Last edited by ridgerunner on Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Time to wish ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to wish ...   Time to wish ... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 8:55 am

I would also love a small pontoon, or a small boat house. That would be ideal for the fishing that we do. I would like a small jon boat also for the smaller lakes/ponds that we fish in. A truck to be able to pull the house boat, pontoon or jon boat would be appropriate too lolol...... I have a 2000 Buick Regal LS and that can't pull much. LOLOL
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Time to wish ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to wish ...   Time to wish ... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 12:42 pm

Ford F250, 20ft jon with 30hp electric motor with the a solar pac, stick steering, top that would close off in case of storm or spending the night out. I would also like a small but very good, emergency getnerator just in case. 3 Ugly stick md/heavy 7ft, with two Penn 209's, 3 7' Ugliies with Abu 9000's, 3 uglie 6'1/2 ft with Abu 6000's. All of this pus a lot of details but would make it to long and to much typing.
Back to top Go down
Bernie
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Bernie

Number of posts : 643
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Time to wish ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to wish ...   Time to wish ... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 2:18 pm

My my such a dream world this subject is.

1. Two boats; one fresh water of the bass boat type. I already have a tracker but would like a better one. Second boat and trailer would be for saltwater of about 25-35 feet in length. Probably twin outboards for the saltwater one. Two throttles side by side that communicate with each other so that both outboards turn at the same RPM.
2. Storage place for both boats on my property.
3. Both boats equiped with top of the line Garmin fish finders both fore and aft. Also top of the line electrics.
4. Suitable tackle for any job compatible with both boats.
5. The tow vehicle would be the large Toyota 4X4 truck.
6. Enough money to support all of the above and be able to go fishing anywhere and at anytime.
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Time to wish ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to wish ...   Time to wish ... I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 3:25 pm

As far as vehicles go I wouldn't care as long as it could tow my boat. For a boat I would want a bass boat with some rod racks across the back and up part of the sides for pole holders. I would want this boat sitting in a garage sitting by my house by a boat ramp at taylorsville lake. For rod and reels I would want 2 Ambassaduer 7000ic3s on 7 foot XXH beef stick boat rods (flathead rigs), 2 Penn 209 on 8 foot MH Abu Garcia workhorse rods (Bluecat rigs), and 2 ambassaduer 5600c4mags or 6600d6s on 8 foot medium action americat rods (channel cat rigs). If I couldn't have that I would want a water front house on the James River, a pontoon, and 209s on tiger rod all the way around that pontoon.
Back to top Go down
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Time to wish ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to wish ...   Time to wish ... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 12:52 pm

Well, I don't really need a faster boat so I love my boat so.. I would like to get a big ol' ford 4x4 trk..
Back to top Go down
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Time to wish ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to wish ...   Time to wish ... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 5:47 pm

my wish .....poles ...dont matter just as long as there big enough to handle the fish im catchin .....could b zebcos for all that ......my boat ,,,,16 foot wide bottom jon boat ....powered by a 9.9 johnson motor n a 1/2 ton chevy pick-up with 4 wheel drive ...my home on the fox lake in wisconsin ...or the gulf coast.... Time to wish ... 979382
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Time to wish ... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time to wish ...   Time to wish ... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time to wish ...
Page 1 of 1