BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First time it happened to me

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2008-10-07

First time it happened to me Empty
PostSubject: First time it happened to me   First time it happened to me I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 9:45 am

Well Papa and I went out last night. Got a little bit of a late start and had to set up using flashlights. I was the first to get both my poles in the water and within 5 minutes the clicker on the Abu started talking to me. The second pole was also dancing. I decided to take the free spool off the Abu and reel in the other one. I noticed as I was reeling the Shakespeare that the Abu kept dancing. I got the other pole in and I saw a decent sized channel, and my bait from the pole I was reeling. When the fish made his run he got tangled in my other line. The fish wasn't even on the pole I reeled in but it was tangled enough that I could land it. When the fish hit the shrimp, he swallowed the hook. That's the first time I had a fish swallow a circle hook. Not only was that the only fish of the night, but also it was the only bite of the night. But we had a good time with the campfire and my brandy and his bottle. Of course the stories were flying hot and heavy after a couple of shots!
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

First time it happened to me Empty
PostSubject: Re: First time it happened to me   First time it happened to me I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 10:50 pm

Glad you and Papa had a good time!~!
Back to top Go down

First time it happened to me
Page 1 of 1