BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

09 fishing

Go down 
+12
radish
T.C.
jerseycat9
sqrlhntr
newfie2007
Muskyman
saltfisher1
North Star
bluegill
OhioFisher
marlboro920
catfish willy
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-03-25

09 fishing - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 10:03 pm

Thanks Peg! I knew a grass carp ate alot but I didn't know that they ate their weight in a day. I redeemed my self though. Tonight I caught 4 bass all on a buzz bait. I think they were murdering anything that swam across the water though. I was thinking about how Terry was putting stinger hooks on today and was thinking of a way to put one on a buzz bait and keep it on there. I remembered Jim making a post on another site about a bobber stop knot. I thought it would be a good knot so I could attach a couple inches of line to the hook on the buzz bait so I could put a 3/0 stinger hook on there. It is hard for me to wait until that fish takes slack. Alot of times when the fish blows up on the bait it in instinct to set the hook (Metallica or any other kind of loud fast music doesn't help this at all). I would've missed two of the bass today if it were not for that stinger hook. The first fish was about 3 pounds followed by a 14 incher. Then nothing for a while until right at dark and I caught 2 that were 4-5 pounds apiece. Did you guys know that cameras don't like water? I was taking pictures of the first 4-5 pounder and dropped it. The camera hit the ground once and right into the water it went. It made me so mad. The dam has a big leak in it so the hole that I was catching fish in a few days ago is out of the water now. It is alot shallower around it than I thought it was. I think I was just casting up towards the top of the hole where it was shallower. This didn't use to be there but as the water drained in while the pond was low it wore a little trench out and it kept getting bigger and bigger.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 8:05 am

Buddy yes i do know camera's don't like water lolol just ask the river down the road from my house that still has my old one. Great report will at least you caught a couple fish you weren't skunked anyways. Are they going to fix the damn so that it don't drain the pond away.???
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Number of posts : 1818
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 8:28 am

Great report CW....LOL...I have lost a camera to Lake Norman....So I know how you feel....
Back to top Go down
radish
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
radish

Number of posts : 257
Registration date : 2007-12-12

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 10:27 am

Keep up the reports Willie, I enjoy them and try to read them all of the time. You and your buddies sure catch a lot of good fish.
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 11:37 am

Thanks John, Tessie, and Mike. Danny said he is going to try to fix it this year. It is a good thing the leak is not at the base of the dam or it would already be dry. It drops really quick if there is not alot of rain but it only drops so far. I will see if I can find some pictures when I get on my other computer. We finally got a new one that is alot faster. I know I have some pictures of it back in the summer where everything grew up on the banks where it was down so low for so long.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 11:45 am

Great post, as always, Willy! Sorry to hear about your camera.. Guess it was thirsty LOL. Glad to hear that you caught some fish last night. Keep the lines tight and as always, I look forward to reading your posts! cheers
Back to top Go down
jerseycat9
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jerseycat9

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 12:47 pm

Another good report Willy and you have inspired me. I think Im gonna try some topwater action this week.
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 1:08 pm

Thanks Peg and Terry. Good luck Terry. They sure loved that buzz bait last night. I can usually pick up one or two bass but I have never caught 4 at one time out of there. It is more quality not quantity as 2 of the bass were 4-5 pounds and one was 3. the other one was smaller around 14 inches. I couldn't find any pictures how low the water gets but I found some fish pictures with it in the background. The first two are of the pond when it is full. The 2 bass pictures were from last summer.

09 fishing - Page 3 Dannys1Medium

09 fishing - Page 3 Dannys2Medium

The next 2 show how low it gets at the dam and how it looks along the back bank. When I get another camera I will go take some better pics of how low the water gets.

09 fishing - Page 3 100_2273Medium

09 fishing - Page 3 IM000064Medium
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 2:23 pm

Are they going to fix that damn willy, it would be a shame to let it go dry and kill all them good fish.
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 3:02 pm

He plans on fixing it this year and I hope he can. I don't know how to fix one but once Danny does I am going to help him anyway that I can to fix it because it will benefit me more than anyone else.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 4:04 pm

That is cool, i have seen them get bad enough that they will drain all the way then there real hard to fix. cheers
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 7:20 pm

I went bass fishing today at the old rock quarry. I think some of them are starting to get on the nest over there. Like I said weeds have taken over most of the pond so I can only fish the banks. I seen a bunch of fish and missed a nice one. She just nipped at the buzz bait though and didn't take it good. I'm surprised that I caught so many yesterday out of Danny's. I think the warm weather we had today started pushing them into spawning. If it is not that then I don't know why I caught so many yesterday as I am not a bass expert. I do know that I can cast lizards into those nest and they will bite it protecting the nest.
Back to top Go down
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 19, 2009 11:37 pm

nice pics willy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 7:39 am

great pics buddy hope you can get the water back up were it was, sometimes that takes a while.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:25 am

Nice report again, Willy! Hopefully he will get the dam fixed before the water drains out and the fish die! There sure are some good fish in that pond!
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:08 am

Nice fish!
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 10:12 pm

Thanks guys. After getting everything else done i went fishing for crappie today. Not a single bite in minnows so I tried some crappie tubes. I caught one twelve inch, two ten inch, and one six inch.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 10:18 pm

At least you had some luck, Willy! Thanks for the report!
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 3:40 pm

I am headed off to the rod and gun club. Hopefully I can pick up an early season flathead or some of the monster crappie in there. I have seen some bass fisherman catch 3 or 4 17 and 18 inch crappie out of there.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 9:48 am

Cool, Willy! Let us know how you did!
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 4:29 pm

Never got a bite. The End.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 4:50 pm

Thats fishin....Better luck next time.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 5:11 pm

catfish willy wrote:
Never got a bite. The End.
LMAOOO buddy i have been there and done that many many times. cheers
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 8:44 pm

Sorry no post for a while. Been pretty busy and when the weather was decent I was fishing. The crappie have not been biting as good but they have not shut off completely. I have been picking them up two or three at a time but that might be because I have not had access to any minnows. I caught a rock bass about an inch long and had a crappie grab it that was probably 16-17 inches but wasn't hooked good and came off right at the bank 09 fishing - Page 3 684725. I finally caught something on one of Digger's jigs that I got. Mike knows what I am talking about. I seen a bunch of little bitty bass or something scatter so I flipped my jig right up past them in shallow water. I was still messing around trying different retrieves bouncing a couple times then twitch it a little. About where those minnows scattered it just stopped. I tried to bounce it and it wouldn't move. I gave it some slack to see if it would take it and nothing. I reeled up all the slack and felt it move some and a bunch of bubbles came up. I set the hook hard as usual. I knew exactly what it was as soon as I set the hook because it didn't try to take off. It stuck for a second and then started coming up some. It was a small snapper on a JIG. Besides this one I have only caught one small snapper (smaller than this one) and my cousin had a big snapper up to the bank on jigs. I have not heard of any one else catching turtles on a jig and nobody believes me when I say I have caught a turtle on a jig (2 now) and my cousin had one at the bank on a jig.

09 fishing - Page 3 115_2475

The other turtle I caught this year (32 pounds) I released back into the old rock quarry but this one is not that lucky. Being as small as he is he will taste real good. Also (if you could tell) I got a new camera. It is a Kodak Easy Share just like the one that took a drink. 20 bucks shipped off Ebay and works just fine. The only thing missing is the cord to hook it up to the computer.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:31 am

I was beginning to wonder where you went to, Willy. I thought maybe you took off early to hibernate 09 fishing - Page 3 452618 09 fishing - Page 3 41788 Glad to hear you're still catching some fish, and turtles. 09 fishing - Page 3 718230 Thanks for sharing with us. Glad to hear you got a new digital camera too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

09 fishing
Page 3 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next