BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Went Fishing

Go down 
+6
saltfisher1
marlboro920
T.C.
ridgerunner
North Star
bluegill
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Went Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Went Fishing   Went Fishing I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 6:52 am

I decided to go fishing yesterday beings it was my day off. I headed to Lake La SuAn around 10:30 yesterday morning. I went to a little pond called Ed's Pond, that isn't too far from the main lake. When I got there, it was hazy, overcast and there was nothing biting or even hitting the top of the water. Things were weird. When it is overcast, the fish are usually hitting the top of the water to beat the dog there. I sat up a pole with bobber with a black ant and a wax worm. My other pole I sat up with a yellow horse head lure. I started throwing the lure, as I wasn't getting any action on the bobber. After about 3 casts, BOOM!~! Fish on! It was a 12" bass. The legal length in that pond is 17" so I threw it back. I caught 3 or 4 more in between bobber fishing. The bluegill were pretty lethargic yesterday. The bite was not what it usually is. Instead of the big ones just hammering on the bobber, they were slowly carrying off with it. You had to watch closely or you would miss the bites. I ended up bringing 3 bluegill home that were keeper size.

After Jamie got off of work and we ate supper, we headed to the Maumee River to fish at the Delaware Bend River bridge. I had a LOT of bites, but they weren't taking the bait, just pecking at it. I did, however, catch one fish. A BABY flathead about 6" long.... I had to take a pic of it and send it to Mike on the phone to show him my big catch of the day LMFAO!!!!!!!! We fished until around 9:00 pm. We packed it up and came on home since the only thing biting was mosquitos lolol.... All in all it wasn't too bad of a day. It was beautiful out. A little on the muggy side, but hey, you can't have it all, all of the time LOL....

I don't understand the fish this year. We had 5 different kinds of bait at the river last night. We used the bluegill that I caught earlier in the day for cut bait. We also had garlic chicken liver, crawlers, and two kinds of hot dogs. It seems like with what we had, we would have produced better fish, but we didnt.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Went Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went Fishing   Went Fishing I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 8:44 am

Some days you just have to take what ya get, but it sounds like your days of fishing have been on the bad side as far as catching anything. Hey peg can you legally chum for fish out there, if so maybe you could chum for them and then you may have better luck. You could chum then go to the store and then go back to were you chummed, i think that it would work if the fish are there thanks for the report peg sounds like you had a great day out and about anyway. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Went Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went Fishing   Went Fishing I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 9:39 am

Yup I've found out a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work. Congrats!
Back to top Go down
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Number of posts : 1818
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Went Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went Fishing   Went Fishing I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 10:46 am

Any day on the Lake is a good day....LOL...
Back to top Go down
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Went Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went Fishing   Went Fishing I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 3:03 pm

you for got the other bait tho peg .....the one that gets them every time ....ull never miss this lil magic bait will get them whole or in part ....this bait is hard to find but it can be found .....just dont let any body know what ur magic bait is ......its dynomite !!!!wtg on ur fish ! Went Fishing 979382
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Went Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went Fishing   Went Fishing I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 5:20 pm

Mike, I'm not sure if we can legally chum for fishing out here or not. That would be a question I could pose to the DNR though. Yes, a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work and yes, it is a good day anytime you can get on the water LOL... UUUUMMMMMMMMM, Scott, I think I would rather catch my fish than to see them floating in pieces on the top of the water lolol.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Went Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went Fishing   Went Fishing I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 7:36 pm

Fishing is better that work any day.
Back to top Go down
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Went Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went Fishing   Went Fishing I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 4:34 pm

Awesome report Peg!
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Went Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went Fishing   Went Fishing I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 10:38 pm

Thanks, Andrew! I'm thinking about going fishing in the morning for bass and bluegill. Haven't decided if I'm going to go or not. Won't know till tomorrow morning comes. If I do go, I will try to get a report wrote.
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Went Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went Fishing   Went Fishing I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 6:51 am

Congrats Peg, at least you got to be out there, better luck next trip.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Went Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went Fishing   Went Fishing I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 10:49 pm

Thanks, Papa. I did go out fishing this morning. I got to the DNR check station about 10 minutes after they opened @ 10. I got on one of the reservation lakes as a walk on. I usually do pretty good on this lake, taking home my limit, which is 10 gills, only 2 of which can be 8 inches or larger. I got a lot of bites and caught several fish. I only caught two keepers, so I threw them back in to catch another day. I also caught a sunburn and was only out for 3 hours. The fishing is so messed up this year, it's pathetic! I'm about ready to give up for the year if things don't start changing and things start biting like they are supposed to. Also, I haven't been able to post any pics of the places I've been fishing, as for some reason, my camera isn't being recognized by my computer any more. I don't know what is wrong. I've searched and hunted for the problems, but nothing seems to work. When and IF I ever get it figured out, I will have some pics to post.
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-03-25

Went Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went Fishing   Went Fishing I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 8:56 am

That sucks that the fish won't cooperate. It is pretty tough around here right now. That is kind of why I started catching turtles. Last night I caught 6-8 bass on my fly rod but they were 5-6 inches long and are attacking everything that hits the water. Catfish baits, bluegill baits, and even big bass baits. I would cast a buzzbait and there would be 3 or 4 following it in. I don't do sun burns. They sound like they hurt.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Went Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went Fishing   Went Fishing I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 10:10 am

Yes, the sunburns hurt, but I will live and I'm sure it won't be the last time I ever burn.
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Went Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went Fishing   Went Fishing I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 11:09 am

I'm lucky. I never burn, I just get really dark.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Went Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went Fishing   Went Fishing I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 11:12 am

I usually don't burn either. It was just soooo hot yesterday that it didn't take long. I should have put sunblock on, but it's kind of hard to put sunblock on your back yourself lolol.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Went Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went Fishing   Went Fishing I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 11:13 am

the reason that you sun burn is because of the sweat on your skin, it magnify's the sun and burned you get, and if your an albino then you really get toasted.
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Went Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went Fishing   Went Fishing I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 11:16 am

I never have used sun block even when I lived in florida and have never had a sun burn. I guess it is the indian in me. My cousins though get burned real bad real easy.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Went Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went Fishing   Went Fishing I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 11:49 am

I usually don't have to wear sunblock either..... Guess some of it could be that I'm getting older and my body is changing. Guess it's time to wear sunblock every time I am going to be outside for a while. Sad
Back to top Go down
OhioFisher
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
OhioFisher

Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Went Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went Fishing   Went Fishing I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 9:55 pm

La Su An has sucked this year, they don't do a very good job, too many bass IMO

We have found the fish in public waters over this way
Went Fishing 0619091916
Went Fishing 0619091948
Went Fishing 0619091951
Went Fishing 0619092111-1
Went Fishing 0619092001
Went Fishing 0619092201
Went Fishing 0620091102
Went Fishing 0619091939-1
Back to top Go down
http://ohiooutdoors.org
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Went Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went Fishing   Went Fishing I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 11:27 pm

WOW!~! Awesome catch!~! I agree, La Su An isn't very good this year and yes, there are TOO many smaller bass in the lakes. Wish I could find a few other ponds or lakes to fish in.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Went Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went Fishing   Went Fishing I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 5:15 pm

My sister, brother-in-law and I decided we were going to go fishing at the Archbold Resivoir today. We got there about 10:30 this morning. We fished till about 3:00 or so. I caught a lot of little dinks, one nice bluegill and one nice channel (pic to follow). My sister caught the other two keeper channels and the other bluegill.

I also caught another sunburn. I have never burned twice like I have this year. I guess there is not going to be ANY way that I can fish or be out in the sun for very long without putting sunscreen on. Oh well. Live and learn the hard way LOLOL.... All in all we had a really good time fishing today. My sister and I needed to spend some quality time together and that's just what we did. We spent time together, talked, fished together and plain enjoyed our day to the fullest!~!

My Channel! It's not as big as the one that I caught earlier this year in the pond; however, it is still a nice eating size. My sister didn't want to bring 2 bluegills home to clean them, so I took all 5. That will give Jamie and I enough for a good meal, including the couple that we have in the freezer. It's not a very big pic, as I had to take it with my phone. For some reason my camera won't upload pics to my computer any longer. I haven't taken the time to find out what is going on there. We had crawlers, hot dogs, wax worms and shrimp for bait. All of the channels were caught on the shrimp.
Went Fishing Th_MyCatfish7-6-09

Last edited by bluegill on Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to add the types of baits we were using.)
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Went Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went Fishing   Went Fishing I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 5:22 pm

Nice cat Peg just the right size for the pan, sounds like you also had a good time and yes you just never learn do ya with the sun-burn duh. Went Fishing 209995 Went Fishing 45659
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Went Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went Fishing   Went Fishing I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 5:24 pm

North Star wrote:
Nice cat Peg just the right size for the pan, sounds like you also had a good time and yes you just never learn do ya with the sun-burn duh. Went Fishing 209995 Went Fishing 45659

Well, I have one thing to say about that, Mike...... S.H.= Shit Happens!~! LMAO Went Fishing 209995 Went Fishing 45659 Went Fishing 145443 Went Fishing 264358 Went Fishing 571914
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Went Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went Fishing   Went Fishing I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 5:34 pm

it does i know, i have been peeling beths back from the other day when she got burnt, i never did though. lolol affraid
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Went Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went Fishing   Went Fishing I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 5:36 pm

I'm just getting done peeling on my back from the last time I went fishing a couple weeks ago and got burned pretty bad LOL.... Guess I will peel again in a week or so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Went Fishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Went Fishing   Went Fishing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Went Fishing
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next