BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

09 fishing

Go down 
+12
radish
T.C.
jerseycat9
sqrlhntr
newfie2007
Muskyman
saltfisher1
North Star
bluegill
OhioFisher
marlboro920
catfish willy
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

09 fishing - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:38 pm

Very nice catch, Willy!~! Thank you for sharing! That was well worth the work of trying to catch "him"!
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:44 pm

Thanks Peg! The only fish I have ever caught on my 7000 is that flathead but I have caught him twice on it. I kind of wished that it would've grabbed one of the other poles so Jake could've caught it. Since I had only caught one fish on my 7000 I wanted to catch it and didn't really know it was the flathead until I had it wore out and at the bank. Would've been much good in handing the rod over then.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:45 pm

That's completely understandable, Willy! I'm sure there will be a time when Jake will be able to catch "him."
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:50 pm

He wasn't too disappointed. He got pretty excited and he didn't even catch it. It wouldn't of been his biggest or anything either. His biggest was around 28-30ish caught bass fishing with a jig.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:52 pm

Cool! Have caught a few nice channels on bass lures before!
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 11:20 pm

We just got back in from the rod and gun club. Jake was bass fishing while me and dad catfished. Jake caught 6-8 bass on a buzzbait and 1 channel on my dads pole. Casting far was pretty tough today. Remember me telling you about that flathead slicing open my finger? Well, it was TENDER today and if I brushed the spool a little with my thumb it hurt like heck(I like to back off the tension and brush it because it is easier for me to make far cast and with the magnetic brakes I can back it off pretty loose without backlashing).
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:19 am

I can imagine that your thumb was pretty tender yesterday. It will more than likely be tender for a few days. Glad to hear you were still able to fish with it. Also, glad to hear you all caught some fish. Thanks for the report, Willy! We all enjoy reading them!~! 09 fishing - Page 9 979382
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 11:22 am

Better keep a close eye on that thumb...infection might be trying to set in.
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:14 pm

Thanks Peg! My thumb is doing better. The right side is all ready closed up but the lower part is still open and sore. I wonder why the upper part is healing pretty fast but the lower part seems slower?
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:17 pm

It's a deeper cut lower on your thumb is why.... I had pretty much the same thing happen when I was working the garden center. It would keep breaking open. Just keep a close eye on it and make sure you keep it clean!~!
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:20 pm

That makes sense Peg. I can't believe I didn't think of that. I've been keeping it clean and watching where I put it. Some stuff don't feel too good.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:23 pm

LMAO!~! I can understand that one too.... Dish or hand soap alone are killers, but they also help clean it out. I did dishes when I had my thumb cut, even though it hurt like the dickens lol...
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 12:12 pm

I figured that out. Washing dishes and washing my hair never took so long.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 1:52 pm

I hate cuts, they are always in the way and it makes it tough to fish depending what finger it is thumbs are the worse. Keep it clean or use it for bait later lolol. affraid 09 fishing - Page 9 226386
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 2:04 pm

It is doing alot better now. It doesn't hurt no more. I think I like it alot better when the flatheads just smash down on my hands alot better than barely getting my thumb when they shake their head. My dad was weighing this one flathead that was a little smaller than the one I just caught. It only weighed about 11-12 pounds but when he was weighing it it flapped her tail and smacked him in between the legs. I laughed at him forever for that.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 2:25 pm

I have had a pike do that to me, yep it hurt for sure. lolol affraid
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 10:28 pm

I went to the rod and gun club and practiced casting. Never got a bite but I had a catfish eat a dead bluegill about 10-15 feet from me but wouldn't eat liver or chicken.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 10:32 pm

Sorry you didn't catch anything tonight, Willy. Better luck next time. Glad to hear the thumb is doing much better!
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:20 am

I hate when you can see or hear the fish eating but they don't like what your using for bait it happen quit often for me, oh well there will be a next time and you will get a bunch again soon. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 4:14 pm

I know I can't catch them everytime but I like the productive trips alot better. It might be awhile before I get back on. The computer wont open anything.
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:43 am

Might as well make a report while I can. I am at my Grandma's house right now while my grandpa is in the hospitol. Anyway THe night before last I went over to Danny's with one pole, 6600d6 on my 10 foot King Kat Supreme that is like a wet noodle it is so flimbsy but I like it as long as I'm not casting something heavy. I flipped it up by the dam and held the rod. The bober went about half way under and started walking off so I set the hook. It was a bluegill a little bit biger than my hand. Dropped it back on the water and casted right back out there. Nothing for a couple minutes so I casted it where I hooked the last channel and let Jake reel it in. I took my eyes off the bobber for a couple seconds to change the song on my mp3 player and when I looked up there wasn't a bober there so I set the hook. The fish took off like a rocket and I only fought him for about 45 seconds to a minute before my leader broke about 4 inches below the swivel. I think I just got lucky and a grass carp grabbed it. I highly doubt a channel cat would fight that hard and that the flathead would bite again this quick even if he could fight that hard. So I ran home and tied another leader and came back. I caught 4-5 little channels before the cork started walking off again so I set the hook and it stuck so I knew I had a turtle. My plan was to get the turtle up to the bank and cut my leader. I'm not sure if an of you scald your little turtles with hot water but we do. The skin is okay to eat on them if you get all of the brown stuff off which you can do if you scald them. Well, this turtle looked exactly like that but it was in the wild and no way to of been scalded so I brought him home for some pics. Yesterday morning I got up about 5:45 and went over to Danny's to do a little fishing before I went down to the hospitol to see my grandpa. I was using turtle liver from a turtle I cleaned that morning. I never got a bite on it so I checked my minnow trap. There was a little bluegill about 2 inches long so I casted him out there and it got hammered in about 2 minutes. It was a 5-6 pound channel so I threw him back and came home. My grandpa was supposed to go get a heart cath yesterday morning. My dad called my and my mom while we were at the bank putting some money in and told us the 2 arteries are completely blocked and 2 are 70 something percent blocked. He is in surgery right now have a 4 way bypass. He was supposed to have a knee replacement surgery on the 22nd so that is going on hold along with my wild boar hunt. I will let you know more when I learn more.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 1:30 pm

Wow what a report, first off buddy prayers are sent from our family you your grandpa and all the family, now as far as the fishing goes it sounds like you have a lot of great places to fish and are getting action on most of them, i hope that things keep working for ya and you keep catching the fish. One other thing i have never heard of scalding a turtle before and i don't know if i could eat the skin i just don't know, now i love turtle so don't get me wrong i would have to try that to say i don't like it. Buddy some time maybe you could take step by step pics or a video of how to clean a turtle that would be cool, any who keep the reports coming buddy and prayers are sent for your grandpa. cheers 09 fishing - Page 9 187452
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 4:42 pm

Thanks Mike! So far he is doing good for what he went through. He will be on a resperater for a few days. I was thinking about doing a step by step thing. My camera's video has no sound but I could do the photo by photo thing or make a video with movie maker with the photos and explain what is going on in between each picture. I went fishing today at the county park since I couldn't go to the hospitol. I caught some little bluegill about 2 inchs long and my very first cast with on of them I caught a bass about 2-2 1/2 pounds before I could get my 7000 out. I thought we were going to burn them up. I thought wrong. I caught another bass about 8-9 inches long about 2 hours later and that was it.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 5:17 pm

As much as Willy loves fishing I think he needs to live on the Mississippi where you just dont know how big they can get till u catch one...I bet He'd make a heck of a salt water fisher too.
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2009 10:16 pm

I don't know if I ever told you or not Greg but I used to live in Panama City Beach. Of course with having 2 ponds at my house stocked with catfish and a couple neighbors having ponds most of my fishing was done in freshwater but I did go to St. Andrews state park and do a little salt water fishing. I didn't have a clue what I was doing but I had fun. We would use hot dogs and catch tons of pin fish with them and then used the pin fish for bait. Caught a few reds about 10-15 pounds, a couple of lizard fish 18-24 inches long, a couple of sting rays, a few 10-12 inch saltwater catfish (I think they called them hard heads or something like that), some 3-4 pounds saltwater catfish (I think they called them gaff top or something like that and I remember you posting a pic over at JMJ) and I got to go out in a charter boat once for my birthday. When I went out in a boat I'm not sure if they were the real names but the guy cutting bait called them chili peppers, sea liners, trigger fish, and amber jacks. Whole bunch of fun because we never knew what we would catch and sometimes didn't know once we landed it. We usually had to ask somebody around us or look it up in a book at the library or on the internet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 09 fishing   09 fishing - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

09 fishing
Page 9 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next