BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Inmate beaten to death in McAlester prison

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Inmate beaten to death in McAlester prison Empty
PostSubject: Inmate beaten to death in McAlester prison   Inmate beaten to death in McAlester prison I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:56 am

McALESTER, Okla. (AP) - A 23-year-old inmate beaten to death at the Oklahoma State Penitentiary had been put in a cell with convicted killer he had testified against.

Prison spokesman Jerry Massie says Paul Duran Jr. fought with one cellmate and then was put in a cell with Jessie James Dalton.

Duran was found beaten to death about 15 minutes later.

Massie says the two were not supposed to be put in the same cell and prison officials are trying to determine how it happened.

Duran and Dalton were co-defendants in the January 2002 shooting death of Billy Wayne Ray in Oklahoma City.

Duran pleaded guilty to a robbery charge and testified against Dalton who was convicted of murder and sentenced to life without parole.

Massie says investigators will present their findings to a district attorney who will decide if criminal charges will be filed.

(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Inmate beaten to death in McAlester prison   Inmate beaten to death in McAlester prison I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:57 am

It sounds to me like someone wasn't doing their job at the prison. I bet you ten to one, that there is going to be a lawsuit over this one for sure!
Back to top Go down
richardcatdaddy
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
richardcatdaddy

Number of posts : 2202
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Inmate beaten to death in McAlester prison   Inmate beaten to death in McAlester prison I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 2:17 pm

Seems to me they shouldnt have even been in the same prison.Here if someone rolls on his partner they put em in seperate prisons,not the same cell.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Inmate beaten to death in McAlester prison   Inmate beaten to death in McAlester prison I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 10:09 am

That would suck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inmate beaten to death in McAlester prison   Inmate beaten to death in McAlester prison I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inmate beaten to death in McAlester prison
Page 1 of 1