BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Woman beaten up over asparagus prices

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Woman beaten up over asparagus prices Empty
PostSubject: Woman beaten up over asparagus prices   Woman beaten up over asparagus prices I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 5:44 am

BERLIN (Reuters) – German police are searching for a motorist who beat a 24-year-old woman selling white asparagus because he was upset about her asking price for the coveted springtime vegetable, police said Monday.

The prices for white asparagus, sometimes called "edible ivory" in Germany, fluctuate wildly during the short springtime season, peaking early in the season at 10 euros per kilo.

The man screamed at the woman that her asparagus was overpriced. He then punched her in the face and threatened to unleash his attack dog at her. She fled and called police.

"The motorist said her prices were totally over the top," said Dietmar Keck, police spokesman in the Havelland district west of Berlin, without saying how much she was asking.

Prices for asparagus now range from 1 to 5 euros per kilo, he said. Some 55,000 tons valued at 175 million euros (154 million pounds) are harvested annually.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Woman beaten up over asparagus prices   Woman beaten up over asparagus prices I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:30 am

What a jackass.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Woman beaten up over asparagus prices   Woman beaten up over asparagus prices I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:31 am

PS...does anyone know what the difference between white and green asparagus is?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woman beaten up over asparagus prices   Woman beaten up over asparagus prices I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Woman beaten up over asparagus prices
Page 1 of 1