BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just desserts? Bird beaten for stealing ice cream

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Just desserts? Bird beaten for stealing ice cream Empty
PostSubject: Just desserts? Bird beaten for stealing ice cream   Just desserts? Bird beaten for stealing ice cream I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:53 am

lol!

LAGUNA BEACH, Calif. – A rare gull that apparently tried to eat a couple's ice cream was euthanized after the man beat the bird with a stick. Dragan Djuric, 50, of Wichita, Kansas, and his wife were eating ice cream New Year's Eve on the boardwalk at Main Beach when a flock of birds attacked them, Laguna Beach police Sgt. Jeff Calvert said.

One bird hit Djuric's wife in the head and tried to take the ice cream. Djuric was defecated on.

The couple dropped the frozen food and Djuric began hitting the birds with a stick, Calvert said.

One of the birds — a rare Heermann's gull — sustained a broken wing and was later euthanized.

Djuric was cited and released on suspicion of animal cruelty.

Heermann's gulls are on the Audubon Society's watch list for at-risk birds. The creatures are surprisingly aggressive and steal fish from the pouches of pelicans and chase other birds to take their prey, according to the society's Web site.

The estimated population of Heermann's gulls is 525,000.
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Just desserts? Bird beaten for stealing ice cream   Just desserts? Bird beaten for stealing ice cream I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:20 pm

If they attack people they should have an open season on them. We are the top of the food chain and they could be food if somebody was hungry.
Back to top Go down
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Just desserts? Bird beaten for stealing ice cream   Just desserts? Bird beaten for stealing ice cream I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 2:18 pm

gulls r nasty birds .....n if they did that too me ,,,id probly do the same even tho i love birds .....n ya papa they probly should open a season on them theres millions of them..... WHATS FOR SUPPER TONIGHT .....baked gull lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Just desserts? Bird beaten for stealing ice cream   Just desserts? Bird beaten for stealing ice cream I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 4:30 pm

I've seen gulls at the city and county dumps by the hundreds of thousands...they eat anything...I have seen them attack a black bird on the beach and within seconds the black bird was in the mouths of 20 gulls dismembered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just desserts? Bird beaten for stealing ice cream   Just desserts? Bird beaten for stealing ice cream I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just desserts? Bird beaten for stealing ice cream
Page 1 of 1