BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spring time channels

Go down 
+4
papa
saltfisher1
bluegill
North Star
8 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Spring time channels Empty
PostSubject: Spring time channels   Spring time channels I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:18 am

Do you have a lake near you that has channel cats in it, well right now they are schooling up getting ready to head shallow waters. They head for the water that warms the quickest in the system with this often being a north bay or a shallow one anyways that has a creek/stream or that dumps in giving the a place to feed and prepare for the spawn. They are voracious pre-spawns and they will eat anything even dead bait from last year will work at this time. Target waters 3-6 feet deep and don't be afraid to go right up the tributary especially if there is a marsh up there. If the water is clouded up that is a good sign of fish activity. If you can't see the bottom the fish on the bottom can't see you. This is a good time to get a few males for the pan. They come early to stake out a nest and are easy targets. The females come in and drop eggs and leave. The males are there from ice out until Memorial day. This is absolutely the best bite going this time of year around here for anything and is great kid fishing with potential for a fat 30lber here and also steady action. Move around if your not getting bites. Sometimes the bite is best around noon. Happy fishing folks i know it's not coming fast enough here that is for sure. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Spring time channels   Spring time channels I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 12:18 pm

It's not coming fast enough here either, Mike.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Spring time channels   Spring time channels I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 1:39 pm

If I get moved in time I can fish the Blackwater river in NW Florida for salt/fresh water fish in the same hole....them cats dont mind a little bit of salt as long as theres food to be found.
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Spring time channels   Spring time channels I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 3:34 pm

With the rain we have gotten, we would have to fish off a bridge or a pond one, creeks and river is going to be a bit high.
Back to top Go down
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Spring time channels   Spring time channels I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 7:10 pm

Yea, Beaver Dam Lake still have ice, its should be gone in late March or early April, we'll be ready to after them in middle of April.
Back to top Go down
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Spring time channels   Spring time channels I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 9:48 pm

yep gettin that time for b.d. lake to producein cats
Back to top Go down
richardcatdaddy
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
richardcatdaddy

Number of posts : 2202
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Spring time channels   Spring time channels I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 8:26 pm

I may be able to go this upcoming weekend,I am READY!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

PostSubject: Re: Spring time channels   Spring time channels I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 02, 2009 10:31 pm

Next week, I'm going to fishing them at my uncle's farm- Beaver Dam Lake. Hope I catch some......
Back to top Go down
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Spring time channels   Spring time channels I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 1:25 am

gl musky ....tell em hi for me ....im sure a few miss me lol .....gl too salt if ya get the chance to go Smile
Back to top Go down
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

PostSubject: Re: Spring time channels   Spring time channels I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 1:29 pm

lolol ok
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Spring time channels   Spring time channels I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 11:30 am

Well spring is making a comeback and am thinking about going out for a little while today. Ponds are still frozen over but the creek and river are flowing free. Wish I had some fresh cutbait but guess I'll just make do with what I have around the house.
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Spring time channels   Spring time channels I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 1:11 pm

Ponds are thawed here too but the All 3 trips this year and yielded no cats. A couple bass and a crappie but no cats.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Spring time channels   Spring time channels I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 8:55 am

Still full of ice this year about 3 feet of it, man what a year can do for change. affraid cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spring time channels   Spring time channels I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spring time channels
Page 1 of 1