BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spring Time Pike

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Spring Time Pike Empty
PostSubject: Spring Time Pike   Spring Time Pike I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 12:35 pm

Are We Ready??? Are We Thinking Of Were, When, How, We Are Going To Attack These Bad Boys And Be Successful At It And Make It A Year Of Fishing You Won't Forget.???? Here Are A Few Tips To Use When Fishing Shallow Waters By Boat Or By Shore That Will Help You Be Successful If The Fish Are Hungry.When Daredevils Aren't Working, Don't Hesitate To Throw A Jerk Bait Like A Husky Jerk Or Any Shallow Diving Floating Style Crank-Bait. Also, Don't Be Afraid To Throw A big Bait Out There, I'm Talking 6+ Inches Long. These Fish Are Hungry After A Long Winter And Are Looking For Big Food And An Efficient Meal That Will Get Them By For A Few Days, Remember There Coming Off A Cold Winter And They Are Building Up Energy For The Spawn.

Another Killer Bait For Spring Pike Is Big Plastic Lures That You Use A Slow Retrieve With That Are 6-10" Work Very Well. These Will Also Work In That Extreme Shallow Water Try A Variety Of Colors, For Me Bright Colors Something That Mimics Food That Runs In The Waters You Are Fishing (Especially With Some Kind Of Fleck Or Sparkle In It) Works Quite Well. Use Large kahle hooks And As Little Weight As Possible. You'll Be Surprised How Heavy These Plastics Are All By Themselves. When Sight Fishing Try To Get As Close In Front Of Them As Possible, This Will Really Get There Blood Flowing And Entice Them To Strike.

Big Spinner-baits work well And Can Be Worked At Any Depth When Retrieved At Certain Speeds And If The Fish Are In The Mood You can Most Of The Time Get Some Aggressive Strikes. Try Baits With Buck-Tails And Color Combos Like Dark Colors On Bright Colors Black/White, Red/Black, And So On As Spring Time Can Leave Them On The Finicky Side And Rather Spooked To.

Hope This Will Help Someone This Spring And Early Summer, It Has Produced For Me Many Times Threw out The Year.
cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Number of posts : 1818
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Spring Time Pike Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spring Time Pike   Spring Time Pike I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:40 pm

Great read Mike..Thanks.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Spring Time Pike
Page 1 of 1