BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Spring Time Bullheads

Go down 
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Spring Time Bullheads Empty
PostSubject: Spring Time Bullheads   Spring Time Bullheads I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 10:17 am

Spring Time Is Here Even If There Is Still Snow On The Ground And Ice On The Lakes And Ponds, But It Is A Great Time To Get The Gear Together And Start Putting Your Ideas On Paper As To What Your Plans Are And Research Things So You Know What Is Ahead Of You For Your Bullhead Outing. I Myself Like Spring Time Fishing For Bullheads Better Than Any Time Of The Year And That Is Just Because They Taste Much Better Than The Dog Day Bullheads When Things Have A Tendency To Taste Muddy, So Spring Is The Best Time Of The Year For Me To Catch Bullheads. Warming Water Temperatures, Inflowing Water From Snow Runoff, And Seasonal Rains Trigger Bullheads To Move Toward Shore And Begin Feeding. Generally Speaking, The Best Bullhead Fishing Occurs When The Water Temperature Is Between 55 And 70 Degrees F. Bullheads Can Be Caught In The Spring In Colder Water, But Their Feeding Activity Is Much Less Aggressive And Catches Are Smaller. Also At This Time, Mainly May And June, Bullheads Move Toward Shore To Begin Spawning. Fish Will Begin Looking For Nest Sites, Near Rocks Or Stumps, In Very Shallow Water You Will Also Find Other Game Fish In These Same Areas. The Spawning Activity Will Last Approximately Two Weeks Depending On Water Temperature And Weather. During Spawning Bullheads Are Very Easily Caught And You Will Find Them In Many Sizes While Fishing For Them. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com

Spring Time Bullheads
Page 1 of 1