BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ohio teen convicted of killing mom over video game

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Ohio teen convicted of killing mom over video game Empty
PostSubject: Ohio teen convicted of killing mom over video game   Ohio teen convicted of killing mom over video game I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:25 am

Truly a sign of the times

ELYRIA, Ohio – Although a teenager's obsession with a violent video game may have warped his sense of reality, the boy is guilty of murdering his mother and wounding his father after they took "Halo 3" away from him, a judge ruled Monday.

"I firmly believe that Daniel Petric had no idea at the time he hatched this plot that if he killed his parents they would be dead forever," Lorain County Common Pleas Judge James Burge said.

Nonetheless, Burge rejected the defense attorneys' argument that Petric, 17, was not guilty by reason of insanity.

The defense didn't contest that Petric shot his parents in October 2007 after they took the game away from him, but insisted that the teen's youth and addiction made him less responsible.

Petric may have been addicted, but the evidence also showed he planned the crime for weeks, said Burge, who found the teenager guilty of aggravated murder, attempted aggravated murder and other charges.

Tried as an adult, Petric faces a maximum possible penalty of life in prison without parole. The judge didn't set a sentencing date.

The teen's mother, Susan Petric, 43, died of a gunshot wound to the head. Her husband, Mark Petric, a minister at New Life Assembly of God in Wellington, also was shot in the head but survived.

After the verdict was announced, Petric turned to look at his father seated behind him in the courtroom. Mark Petric, who previously said he has forgiven his son, gave an encouraging nod.

Mark Petric and other relatives left the court without comment.
....more.... http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090113/ap_on_re_us/pastor_s_wife_slain;_ylt=AlL8OJ_7e.n2VvVWed5hq88DW7oF
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Ohio teen convicted of killing mom over video game   Ohio teen convicted of killing mom over video game I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 10:42 am

Lock him up and throw away the key i don't care if the parents bought the game or the system this kid is demented and i do not believe that the problem was all from the home it was also from playing the game some were else. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Ohio teen convicted of killing mom over video game   Ohio teen convicted of killing mom over video game I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:00 am

Yep yep.... people like that doesn't deserve to have freedom out on the streets. I feel they will end up doing it again if they are free in society..
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Ohio teen convicted of killing mom over video game   Ohio teen convicted of killing mom over video game I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 11:15 am

The kid is definitely mental and doesnt need to be out in public.
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Ohio teen convicted of killing mom over video game   Ohio teen convicted of killing mom over video game I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:17 pm

Lock him away, at 17 he knows right from wrong and if he doesn't he needs to be put away so he is no danger to anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Dime
Dime
Doug

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2007-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Ohio teen convicted of killing mom over video game   Ohio teen convicted of killing mom over video game I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:48 pm

Petric will now be Tyrone's pet lets see how he likes that little game Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ohio teen convicted of killing mom over video game   Ohio teen convicted of killing mom over video game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ohio teen convicted of killing mom over video game
Page 1 of 1