BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rod Tips In Cold Weather

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Rod Tips In Cold Weather Empty
PostSubject: Rod Tips In Cold Weather   Rod Tips In Cold Weather I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 10:18 am

Lets Hear Some Ideas That Are Out There That Will Help Others To Keep The Ice From Plugging The Rod Tips, I Always Hated When The Tips Would Freeze Up Then I Seen A Guy Spray Something On His And He Seemed To Never Have Any Issues With Ice. So I Went Over To Talk With Him And To See What He Was Spraying On The Tip And He Showed Me A Can Of Cooking Spray Yep Cooking Spray, I Might Add But Have Know Idea If It Matters But It Was Garlic Sented Since Then That Is What I Use And Yes It Does Work. cheers cheers cheers

Any Other Tips Out There. Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Number of posts : 1818
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Rod Tips In Cold Weather   Rod Tips In Cold Weather I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 12:28 pm

My brother-in-law sprays the widow washer that has the defrost stuff in it on his rod tips...He says it works great...I don't know myself...I don't get out when it's cold enough to freeze your rods up...LMBO....
Back to top Go down
jimhs
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jimhs

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Rod Tips In Cold Weather   Rod Tips In Cold Weather I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 1:16 pm

When I started reading your post Mike, Pam popped into my mind. Anything oily like that should keep the water from sticking to the guides and top allow it to drip off before it has a chance to freeze.

Jim Cool
Back to top Go down
OhioFisher
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
OhioFisher

Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Rod Tips In Cold Weather   Rod Tips In Cold Weather I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 7:21 pm

Put the eyelets in your mouth un freezes fast Wink
Back to top Go down
http://ohiooutdoors.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rod Tips In Cold Weather   Rod Tips In Cold Weather I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rod Tips In Cold Weather
Page 1 of 1