BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Cold???

Go down 
+3
catfish willy
North Star
saltfisher1
7 posters
AuthorMessage
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

How Cold??? Empty
PostSubject: How Cold???   How Cold??? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 7:05 pm

How cold is too cold for you?....I can handle the 20's if the wind isnt too hard but if theres a stiff wind then the cold cuts right through me...since I have been living in Florida my cold handling abilities might have diminished even more especially since I wear sandles 10 months out of the year and my long pants now are sweats...I wore the sweat 10 times last year...What temp is just too cold for you?
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

How Cold??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Cold???   How Cold??? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 7:11 pm

I like cold, i have been in as cold as 60 below regular temp and as cold as 120 below windchill here in the winter. I can remember this cold temp because our chickens froze right to the roost and when you would shut the door on the barn the would swing around because there claws were froze around the roost pole.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

How Cold??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Cold???   How Cold??? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 7:13 pm

Thats too cold for me...Holy Crap!!!!
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-03-25

How Cold??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Cold???   How Cold??? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 9:19 pm

It depends on what I am doing. I will fish as long as the water is thawed out. I have hunted with single digit wind chill. Besides deer hunting when it gets below 20 or 25 I don't go out much if I don't have to.
Back to top Go down
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2008-10-07

How Cold??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Cold???   How Cold??? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 10:29 pm

Well, I definately live in the wrong state to not like cold; but I don't like the cold. It regularly gets 20 below with wind chill around here. I remember when I went to technical school in Rantoul it got wind chill of 60 below. The base commander restricted everyone to base because of the cold. I prefer it in the positive side of zero myself.
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

How Cold??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Cold???   How Cold??? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 10:52 am

I prefer above 32 but can dress for it no matter what it is. I would like it to never get below 50 and not over 85 but that isn't going to happen.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

How Cold??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Cold???   How Cold??? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 11:00 am

papa wrote:
I prefer above 32 but can dress for it no matter what it is. I would like it to never get below 50 and not over 85 but that isn't going to happen.

I'm with you all the way on that one, Papa!~! I don't like the cold whatsoever!
Back to top Go down
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

How Cold??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Cold???   How Cold??? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:34 pm

I like cold weather because I can go ice fishing! How Cold??? 29755
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

How Cold??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Cold???   How Cold??? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:49 pm

Peg Peg Peg what a wimp lolol cold weather and relationships are a good thing lolol.

Last edited by North Star on Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

How Cold??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Cold???   How Cold??? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:53 pm

I feel like a wuss now...lol.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

How Cold??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Cold???   How Cold??? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:11 pm

No your not a wuss, even people that have lived up here don't like the cold but they just seem to stay here and never leave lolol, sometimes im one of them but it depends on what the reasons are that i don't want the cold weather, i hate working on cars in the winter, i hate frozen water pipes, i hate over heating cars in the winter, i hate shoveling snow. But now there are plus sides to winter, i like sitting in front of the wood stove and watching the fire, i like being able to were shorts year around in my house when the wood stove has the house 80 degrees, i like snow days were i have no choice but to stay home, i like hunting in the winter, i like ice fishing, i like watching the kids sledding down the hills, and yes i find it fun and a challenge driving in the winter. The lists on both sides i could add to and like summer time it has it's up and it has it's downs. cheers
Back to top Go down
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

How Cold??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Cold???   How Cold??? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 1:42 pm

North Star wrote:
No your not a wuss, even people that have lived up here don't like the cold but they just seem to stay here and never leave lolol, sometimes im one of them but it depends on what the reasons are that i don't want the cold weather, i hate working on cars in the winter, i hate frozen water pipes, i hate over heating cars in the winter, i hate shoveling snow. But now there are plus sides to winter, i like sitting in front of the wood stove and watching the fire, i like being able to were shorts year around in my house when the wood stove has the house 80 degrees, i like snow days were i have no choice but to stay home, i like hunting in the winter, i like ice fishing, i like watching the kids sledding down the hills, and yes i find it fun and a challenge driving in the winter. The lists on both sides i could add to and like summer time it has it's up and it has it's downs. cheers

That's true, same here!
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

How Cold??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Cold???   How Cold??? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 3:49 pm

My dad was planning a trip to Alaska but he says hes scared of those "ice snakes"?....I asked him what the heck ice snakes were...he said .."theyll crawl up your butt and freeze you to death"...LOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How Cold??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Cold???   How Cold??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Cold???
Page 1 of 1