BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Catfish Baits ???

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Catfish Baits ??? Empty
PostSubject: Catfish Baits ???   Catfish Baits ??? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 9:56 am

I Haven't Fish Hard For The Flathead Cats For A Few Years, But When I Did I Liked To Use The Chubs/Sucker Minnows 6 Inches And Bigger. But Now We Can Use Bullheads For Bait And Have Heard They Are An Awesome Flattie Bait Which I Hope To Find Out This Summer. Now In My Area That We Fish We Have The Channel Cat Big Time And I Like To Use SMELT For The Top Bait In My Arsenal And Man Do They Like That Oily Fish. What Does Every One Else Use. Question Question Question cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
graybeard
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
graybeard

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Catfish Baits ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish Baits ???   Catfish Baits ??? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 6:32 pm

Usually bluegills or big chubs. Gonna try bullheads this year, tho, everybody says they really work.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Catfish Baits ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish Baits ???   Catfish Baits ??? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 10:24 pm

if our water levels comes up and makes it worth me traveling 120 miles one way i and going to go to, the best size i have heard to use for bullheads is 7 inches and i can get them by the truck load. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
tcba1987
Dime
Dime
tcba1987

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Catfish Baits ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish Baits ???   Catfish Baits ??? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 7:57 pm

i like creek chubs for channel and then cut shad !!

try cutting some boneless skinless chicken breast into whatever size pieces that you will use and put it in a ziplock bag with a 1 oz bottle of anise oil and let it soak up the oil !! this works great for channel cats and ive kept the same bag in the fridge for months and reused it
Back to top Go down
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/briansfreshwaterfishing
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Catfish Baits ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish Baits ???   Catfish Baits ??? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 5:42 pm

we have this shrimp called tv bait time shrimp ......cats love this bait here happyness is a tight line Very Happy
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Catfish Baits ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish Baits ???   Catfish Baits ??? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 8:42 am

tcba1987 wrote:
i like creek chubs for channel and then cut shad !!

try cutting some boneless skinless chicken breast into whatever size pieces that you will use and put it in a ziplock bag with a 1 oz bottle of anise oil and let it soak up the oil !! this works great for channel cats and ive kept the same bag in the fridge for months and reused it
yep i've done this before and works good, another way to do this is use vanilla works real good to. cheers
Back to top Go down
jremines
Nickel
Nickel

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Catfish Baits ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish Baits ???   Catfish Baits ??? I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 1:28 pm

The state park where I fish alot chicken livers work real good along with fresh cut bluegills,and sometimes smaller live ones.Shrimp,bread,and big old fat night crawlers are always good too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Catfish Baits ??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catfish Baits ???   Catfish Baits ??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Catfish Baits ???
Page 1 of 1