BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Walleye Baits

Go down 
+3
Muskyman
tcba1987
North Star
7 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Walleye Baits Empty
PostSubject: Walleye Baits   Walleye Baits I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 9:40 am

What Baits Do You Use When Out To Catch The Walleye In Your Area. Question Question Question

When Fishing The Waters In My Area Which I Mostly Fish The Creeks And Streams In My Area I Use The Simple Floating Jig Tipped With A Fat Head. When Still Fishing (Similar To The Way I Catfish) I Like To Use The Same Method But Use A Small To Medium Shinner With The Slip Sinker Method. When Fishing The Lakes From Shore Around Here I Use The Same Methods But I Like To Cast Out And Reel In Slow Till You Feel The TAP TAP TAP Then Set The Hook. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
tcba1987
Dime
Dime
tcba1987

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Walleye Baits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walleye Baits   Walleye Baits I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 7:44 pm

i like to use RAPALA baits for saugeyes in my area rivers and lakes. i use the SR5 Shad Raps. i like to throw them around areas with rock bottoms !!! I also have good luck on the Original Rapala Floaters ......Rapala Husky Jerks and Rapala X-Raps using a slow retrieve and occassionally jerking the baits and pausing them !! try all of these baits in the shad color patterns and fire tiger green !!
Back to top Go down
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/briansfreshwaterfishing
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Walleye Baits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walleye Baits   Walleye Baits I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 1:16 am

I use medium shiner or fathead under the bobber.
Back to top Go down
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Number of posts : 1818
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Walleye Baits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walleye Baits   Walleye Baits I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 9:38 pm

Good info guys... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mnjavelin
Penny
Penny

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Walleye Baits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walleye Baits   Walleye Baits I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 4:09 pm

I use jigs with a fathead or shiner till mid June then I try dragging crank baits or leaches till fall then it is back to fatheads. I am usually fishing suspended eyes in 12-14' of water so I am vertically jigging them with 1/2-3/4 ounce round jigs in either orange, chartreuse, black or a combo of those colors.
Back to top Go down
steve7681
Penny
Penny

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Walleye Baits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walleye Baits   Walleye Baits I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 1:07 am

Simple jig and a fathead is an all around good combo to start with. Weight will vary with current. Where I usually fish we cast upstream, let it sink and go back downstream and hit them that way.
Back to top Go down
fishnt
Penny
Penny

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Walleye Baits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walleye Baits   Walleye Baits I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 5:16 pm

I like to drift fish with crawlers or leeches, but if I find suspended Walleyes I use slip bobbers with leeches mostly, but crawlers work sometimes.
I fish in northern Wisconsin where trolling is illegal. My brother fishes bigger water by trolling and fills up pretty often. My boat (pontoon) can't handle big water if it gets windy, I stay clear of it. I fish out of a wheelchair with an electric driven reel, because of my disability (MS).
Back to top Go down
http://fishnt.multiply.com/
Sponsored content

Walleye Baits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walleye Baits   Walleye Baits I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walleye Baits
Page 1 of 1