BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1/18 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added)

Go down 
+2
bluegill
jerseycat9
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jerseycat9
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jerseycat9

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2007-12-07

1/18 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) Empty
PostSubject: 1/18 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added)   1/18 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 7:56 pm

Yesterday was a totall skunking. Couldnt keep the bait out of the water for very long without the trout freezing up and the trolling motor was freezing up every time I pulled up to hit another spot and the 30mph winds didnt help on the main lake. Since Im a stubborn idiot once it stopped raining and snowing this morning I got a wild hair up my butt to go fishing and everything was covered in snow and Ice. Went down a ways from the house to try these two creek mouths that I love to fish and wasnt there but 2 minutes till I had my first striper at around 12 to 14lbs. Rebaited another trout and about a minute later had another big pulldown but this guy came unbuttoned before I could grab the rod. Those were the only two bites I had for the next 4 hours. Then as I was making what I thought was gonna be my final lap trolling behind the house I swung in close to this one point and whammo hooked up with another good striper and this one wanted revenge cause she ran from the back of the boat all the way to the front and crossing all 3 downlines I had out. In the end another good one in the 15lb range. And that was enough to keep me on the water till dark but no more bites. I think if I got out an hour or so earlier today I could have had a really good morning numbers wise but oh well. Sorry about the pics as usuall no camera man and no good angle to snap pictures from.
Heres the first one
1/18 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) 100_0110
heres the second one
1/18 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) 100_0111-1
1/18 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) 100_0113
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: 1/18 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added)   1/18 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 8:22 pm

Nice fish there, Terry! Still too cold for me to be out on that water LOLOL
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: 1/18 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added)   1/18 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 10:27 pm

Great catch terry can't beat that can ya, well it's better than a skunked day on the water. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: 1/18 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added)   1/18 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 10:48 am

Nice fish!!!
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: 1/18 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added)   1/18 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 12:30 pm

Congrats they are looking good.
Back to top Go down
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: 1/18 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added)   1/18 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 3:58 pm

Great catch!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1/18 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added)   1/18 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1/18 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added)
Page 1 of 1