BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added)

Go down 
+2
North Star
jerseycat9
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jerseycat9
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jerseycat9

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2007-12-07

1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) Empty
PostSubject: 1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added)   1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 9:02 pm

Caught this one in pretty much the same area they were in yesterday. Only had 3 live trout left so my time on the water was limited. Also caught this decent spotted bass a few minutes later and my last live trout got nailed but I never got the hookup. My buddy a little ways from me in his boat caught one a tad smaller that weighed 8lbs so Im guess around 9 maybe 10lbs if Im lucky. But all in all another nice evening on the water till the fog rolled in which I included a crappy picture of. The mild weather seems to be sticking around so I should keep catching and giving reports today was in the mid to high 60's give or take so the weather has been awesome.
1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) 100_0087-1
1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) 100_0088-1
1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) 100_0089-1
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: 1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added)   1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 9:51 pm

Again terry nice fish buddy im really glad that you are on to them finally and giving us some great reports cheers , keep on catching them buddy sounds like your on a roll. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
jerseycat9
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jerseycat9

PostSubject: Re: 1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added)   1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 9:58 pm

North Star wrote:
Again terry nice fish buddy im really glad that you are on to them finally and giving us some great reports cheers , keep on catching them buddy sounds like your on a roll. cheers cheers cheers
Dont worry about that buddy Im hellbent on breaking the 30 pound mark on Lanier maybe even the 35lb mark. I figure with a good solid winter and springs worth of hammering them hard I got a fair shot. My biggest fear is my tackle I think I may start running heavy braid for the main line and heavier flourocarbon leaders. That one from yesterday gave me a run for my money with 40lb braid and 20lb leaders so that is my next project.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: 1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added)   1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:28 pm

Nice catch, Terry! Keep us posted on how you do each day that you get to go out. We look forward to your reports!
Back to top Go down
jerseycat9
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jerseycat9

PostSubject: Re: 1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added)   1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:55 pm

Got a phonr call about an hour ago it was my buddy saying he took all his leftover trout and herring and put them in my bait tank I got sunk next to the dock. He tells me they are big trout at least ten of them in excess of 12 inches so I expect big things for tomorrow Smile
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: 1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added)   1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:29 am

I Guess If You Don't Catch Any Fish You Can Eat The Trout LOLOL Sounds Like You Have A Plan I Hope You Have Good Results Terry. cheers
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: 1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added)   1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:24 am

Nice fish
Back to top Go down
jerseycat9
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jerseycat9

PostSubject: Re: 1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added)   1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:28 pm

North Star wrote:
I Guess If You Don't Catch Any Fish You Can Eat The Trout LOLOL Sounds Like You Have A Plan I Hope You Have Good Results Terry. cheers
well that plan is all shot to hell 9 straight hours of heavy heavy rain has got things all screwed up behind the house plus so much debris has washed in from the creek Im not sure if I can even navigate safely enough.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: 1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added)   1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 1:42 pm

Well that Don't Sound Good But Yet You Need The Rains To Get The Lake Back Were It Belongs, There's Always Another Day To Slaughter Them Big Boys. cheers
Back to top Go down
jerseycat9
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jerseycat9

PostSubject: Re: 1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added)   1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 8:41 pm

heres a picture of the water in the bay behind the house from this afternoon. The muddy water goes on for over a mile and into the main lake as well. Yesterday the dock wheels were 2 feet from the water today they were 2 feet into the water which made moving them a real treat let me tell ya. But according to the army corps the lake came up a foot since this times yesterday which is about 4 feet of shoreline in most areas.
1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) 100_0094-1
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: 1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added)   1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:24 pm

Well I Know It Is Work Moving Things But It Is Good News That The Water Levels Are Going Up To. cheers cheers cheers Cool Pic Terry
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: 1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added)   1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:42 pm

Cool pic, Terry.. Thanks for sharing. I sure hope your water clears up and comes up. Looks like it's pretty darned low...
Back to top Go down
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: 1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added)   1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:55 pm

Nice catch Terry.
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: 1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added)   1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2009 9:59 pm

I wish my backyard looked like that.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: 1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added)   1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 10:58 am

That place looks like at one time or another use to be alot deeper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added)   1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1/5 Lake Lanier striper report (pictures added)
Page 1 of 1