BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My first good striper of the new year :) picture added

Go down 
+3
Muskyman
North Star
jerseycat9
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jerseycat9
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jerseycat9

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2007-12-07

My first good striper of the new year :) picture added Empty
PostSubject: My first good striper of the new year :) picture added   My first good striper of the new year :) picture added I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 9:05 pm

Whats up gang sorry I aint been around for a few weeks I had some problems that needed to be dealt with. But anywho I went out this afternoon for a couple hours as the stripers are biting better during the late afternoon. We had some good heavy rain last night and I had a few trout leftover from saturdays expedition and headed out. Fish had lockjaw from 3pm to 5pm but then just like that they were busting bait on the surface all over the place like mad and it was good fish to not the little rats that try to act like big boys. I had 2 nice pulldowns prior to this fish but for whatever reason the circle hooks just didnt do their jobs. Finally after being frustrated for 2 days I finally caught my first good striper of the new year at 15lbs on a livelined trout behind a baloon in 35 feet of water maybe 40yards from our dock. Since Im laid off for a couple weeks (thank you detroit big 3) I hope to have some more quality reports soon.
My first good striper of the new year :) picture added 100_0085-1
Back to top Go down
jerseycat9
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jerseycat9

PostSubject: Re: My first good striper of the new year :) picture added   My first good striper of the new year :) picture added I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 9:09 pm

here is another picture I didnt know I took duh
My first good striper of the new year :) picture added 100_0084-1
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: My first good striper of the new year :) picture added   My first good striper of the new year :) picture added I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 9:35 pm

Buddy it sure is nice to see ya again that is a real nice fish you got there to, what is the average size to keep in them that would be one heck a meal all chunked up and in a beer batter, congrats buddy thanks for sharing the pic with us. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: My first good striper of the new year :) picture added   My first good striper of the new year :) picture added I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 9:57 pm

Nice catch!
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: My first good striper of the new year :) picture added   My first good striper of the new year :) picture added I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 9:59 pm

Well! There's ole Jerseycat! LOL Thought you took the high road out of here. Glad to see you back again. Yes, I made it back too LOL.... Very nice looking fish you caught & will be some great eating too! When do you plan on going back out & getting some more of those? I can't wait till it warms up so I can go out & do some fishing myself!

WELCOME BACK!~!
Back to top Go down
jerseycat9
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jerseycat9

PostSubject: Re: My first good striper of the new year :) picture added   My first good striper of the new year :) picture added I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 10:07 pm

North Star wrote:
Buddy it sure is nice to see ya again that is a real nice fish you got there to, what is the average size to keep in them that would be one heck a meal all chunked up and in a beer batter, congrats buddy thanks for sharing the pic with us. cheers cheers cheers
Im pretty sure you can keep 2 at 24 inches or better. They do dish out some healthy fillets when they get over 26inches to. Top end for lake lanier is around 40lbs but they say anything over 25 is a trophy maybe I can break the 30lb mark this year.
Back to top Go down
jerseycat9
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jerseycat9

PostSubject: Re: My first good striper of the new year :) picture added   My first good striper of the new year :) picture added I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 10:10 pm

I will say though pound for pound they are the hardest fighting fish in freshwater. This one just totally demolished my rod holder on the boat. After ripping off a third of the spool I thought I had my 30lb trophy mark crushed but all in all its still a quality fish Smile Oh and to answer the other question I will be out there tomorrow morning after I get Lexi on the bus I got the bug now LOL
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: My first good striper of the new year :) picture added   My first good striper of the new year :) picture added I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 10:16 pm

Nice fish Terry! What lake did you catch that fish off of? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
jerseycat9
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jerseycat9

PostSubject: Re: My first good striper of the new year :) picture added   My first good striper of the new year :) picture added I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 10:17 pm

catfish willy wrote:
Nice fish Terry! What lake did you catch that fish off of? Just curious.
Caught her in my back yard Lake Lanier
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: My first good striper of the new year :) picture added   My first good striper of the new year :) picture added I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 10:29 pm

Thats a great report Terry i hope you can fill the freezer up now that there biting, keep us up to date on your fishing. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: My first good striper of the new year :) picture added   My first good striper of the new year :) picture added I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 3:37 am

nice striper wtg cheers
Back to top Go down
jerseycat9
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jerseycat9

PostSubject: Re: My first good striper of the new year :) picture added   My first good striper of the new year :) picture added I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 7:46 am

Yeah looks like today will be an afternoon fishing trip cause it is raining cats and dogs out there. I like fishing in the rain but not under a waterfall lol
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: My first good striper of the new year :) picture added   My first good striper of the new year :) picture added I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 10:07 am

I know what you mean there Jersey....Your eyes start floating after that much rain.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first good striper of the new year :) picture added   My first good striper of the new year :) picture added I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first good striper of the new year :) picture added
Page 1 of 1