BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Illinois Vermillion River

Go down 
+6
ridgerunner
Muskyman
T.C.
saltfisher1
North Star
papa
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Illinois Vermillion River - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 1:02 pm

Well ridge still beat me, he got some fish and I got skunked, woe is me, but he also outdid himself when he brought in about a six foot 20lb limb off the bottom. I'm thinking about starting to call him STICKMAN instead of ridge, LMBO. He did do a little tree fishing last night also, if it hadn't been for the trees I think he would have been fishing in the road that runs past the pit. Just before we got ready to leave there was a pickup with a hayrack full of kids came in and went on down to another spot, they said they were going skinny dipping, I can remember those Saturday nights from long ago when we use to do the same thing. Might have seen a good show but it was time for me to get home.
Back to top Go down
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 9:48 am

Well we went out again last night. It truly was a beautiful night with the gentle wind and the stars shining so brightly. I picked up some key chain lights at Wally World on clearance a 3 pack for $1.00. I put them on my clothes pin and it worked great for a bite indicator. We didn't catch anything but had a good time on the river none the less.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 10:11 am

Glad to hear you had a great time! Are you sure you didn't catch some more sticks last night, Ridge? LOLOL.....

Some how, I missed the post that papa put up the beginning of August. Stickman, eh? LOLOL!~! That's funny! I've never been skinny dipping. Don't think I would want to go swimming in a river here anyways.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 12:22 pm

Sounds like fun.
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 1:02 pm

Well last night was a great night out on the river, just ain't no friggin fish biting right now. It's probably due to the river is losing water fast and getting really shallow, plus the heat, so am hoping it will pick up pretty soon. I think we may try another place the next time we go out, bot to be some hongry fish someplace, but ridge and I had a good time as always. Not even ONE STICKFISH last night. lol
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 11:43 am

Sorry to hear that you didn't catch any fish last night. It's been too hot here to do much fishing too. The dam is really low from what my nephew said. That's good that there wasn't a stickfish caught last night. However, that is one thing that would have kept the excitement going... Gee, Ridge, you're slackin' LOLOL.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:03 pm

A night together with friends is just as good as catching fish and in most cases better, sorry you didn't catch any fish but i bet you still talked up some stories for sure. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:41 pm

Good report. Hope you catch some at another spot.
Back to top Go down
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 10:10 am

Went out last night and had some success finally!! Papa caught the biggest one, well actually I let the biggest one get off the hook. Note to self when using Kahle hooks -- set the hook!!!! Any how it was a great night to be on the river with a good friend.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 10:37 am

sounds like a good time, that is what it is all about having a good time and enjoying friends and fun. cheers
Back to top Go down
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

PostSubject: Went out again last night   Illinois Vermillion River - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:04 pm

Well Papa and I went out again last night, I caught 2 in the 3 1/2 to 4 pound class. Got some good filets off them. While we were fishing I heard something splashing in the water down stream. About 30 yards away there was a doe and 3 of her yearling babies walking across the river. They had come down from the corn field crossed the river and went to their bed down area. It was a pretty neat sight.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 6:02 pm

That is cool seeing things like that, i miss the river fishing i use to do congrats on the nice fish they will taste awesome.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 11:29 pm

Glad to hear you and papa done some good fishing last night. I bet it was a pretty neat sight to see the doe and her triplets going to bed down.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 10:36 am

nice report.
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 9:50 pm

Dang punk got two and i got skunked, but enjoyed watfhin ridge catch them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Illinois Vermillion River
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2