BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Illinois Vermillion River

Go down 
+6
ridgerunner
Muskyman
T.C.
saltfisher1
North Star
papa
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Illinois Vermillion River Empty
PostSubject: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:07 pm

Two weeks ago last night ridge and I went to our little hole on the river and had a great night, brought home over 20lbs of cats. The biggest one was around 8lbs and the second one I landed. I had three poles in and had cats on them almost simulstanely, was a lot of fun. They were caught on cut sucker and cut chub. Last week all we caught was three little bluegill and nothing else. We went out again last night and ridge got a little white belly channel and I got one about 11/2 lbs and that was all but had a good time. ridge came over to pick me up and told me he got me something, it was a new fishing chair from Wally world, it has the pack on the back and a headrest, really a comfy chair, I could sleep in it really well, it has four different hights you can set the back.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 8:03 am

Well Heck PAPA It Is Great Getting Out With Friends And Now You Got The Perfect Chair, That Way If It Gets To Boring Buddy You Can Take A Nap. LOLOL Congrats On The Fish You 2 Caught. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 11:04 am

You gotta have a good chair to fish in....I use those fold out that you carry in the bags....Beats just sitting on a cooler or a bucket.

Illinois Vermillion River Jettysetup

Last edited by saltfisher1 on Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 2:52 pm

Well ridge and I and another guy went out to the river again last night, 8-15-08, the other guy caught about a 1lb sucker which I cut up for bait, which turned out to be a waste, ridge caught a leatherback that was about 6" across and then I landed about a 2lb channel, that was it for the night. The channel was caught n crawler at 9:45:pm.
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 9:54 pm

ridge got me and him both a new chair, it is a foldable one with a backpack built on the back, head or neck rest and man are they nice. They have either 3 or 4 positions and really comfy.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2008 10:47 am

Dont get too comfy...Youll fall asleep and miss the fish.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 1:16 pm

Well ridge and I went out again last night, it was a hot night on the river. I caught about a 9lb carp to start the night, then got about a 4 or 5 lb channel, then ridge got about a 2 1/2 lb channel, then I got one about the same size then ridge got one a little bigger than those two. Well then ridge started catching carp and suckers and I also started catching carp and suckers, I won the big fish but ridge won the most caught. It was just a great night out, till we ran out of bait which never has happened before but the bite was deffinetly on.
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 12:50 am

11-14-08 ridge and I hit the river at our usual hole tonight, I started it out with about a 8lb carp, then ridge pulled in about a lb sucker, out came the knife and I cut the sucker up for bait. First cat was a 7lb 4 oz and the second just minutes later was a 6lb 1 oz, then ridge caught another sucker just when we were quitting. Great night out on the river with a good friend.

Illinois Vermillion River Picture062

Illinois Vermillion River Picture061
Back to top Go down
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Number of posts : 1818

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 6:17 am

Glad you had a great time papa....There's nothing that can compare to fishing with a good friend...
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 7:11 am

Now Your Talking PAPA You And Ridge Congrats On The Catch, Looks Like You Will Have A Good Meal Of Fish Now. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 4:54 pm

Nice cats! Sound like you have a good time!
Back to top Go down
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 12:40 am

Well this hasn't been updated for a while. Just to let you know Papa and I went out for a while tonight. We had all kinds of bait in the water, nightcrawlers, shrimp, garlic liver, pork. We were getting bites on the shrimp and crawlers. Papa caught the only fish of the night -- a couple of small channels. He CWR'd them. You know Caught, Wished they were bigger, Released them to grow bigger. lol Still it was a great time on the bank with a good friend. It seems like Papa and I are having as much luck as the Cubs are.
Back to top Go down
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 2:16 am

nice fish wtg ...ty 4 sharein
Illinois Vermillion River 979382 Illinois Vermillion River 989950
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 8:53 am

ridgerunner wrote:
Well this hasn't been updated for a while. Just to let you know Papa and I went out for a while tonight. We had all kinds of bait in the water, nightcrawlers, shrimp, garlic liver, pork. We were getting bites on the shrimp and crawlers. Papa caught the only fish of the night -- a couple of small channels. He CWR'd them. You know Caught, Wished they were bigger, Released them to grow bigger. lol Still it was a great time on the bank with a good friend. It seems like Papa and I are having as much luck as the Cubs are.

I hear ya there, Ridge. The fishing here has really been screwed up this year also. We only have 11 fish in the freezer so far this year and that's not enough for a fish fry (1 crappie and 10 bluegill). So we will just hope and wait to see if they start biting better soon!~!
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 12:01 pm

Yep it was a great night sittin out on the bank with ridge, we always find things to discuss, whether they be might or small things, guess as he said a while aback in jmj, we're sorta like brothers from different families.
Back to top Go down
OhioFisher
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
OhioFisher

Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 12:13 pm

Your bringin in some good uns!!
Back to top Go down
http://ohiooutdoors.org
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

PostSubject: Here's the biggest one caught last night.   Illinois Vermillion River I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 11:53 am

Illinois Vermillion River 2rc0bxu

That's me with my 8' stick fish I caught last night. Once again I caught one bigger than Papa did! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
themaninblack
Dime
Dime
themaninblack

Number of posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:17 pm

now how do you cook some thing like that?
Back to top Go down
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 12:28 pm

Long and slow so it tenderizes pretty good.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 8:34 pm

VERY LONG AND VERY SLOW!~! LOLOL
Back to top Go down
themaninblack
Dime
Dime
themaninblack

Number of posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 9:57 pm

there got to be a smarty in every crowd and that be ?
Back to top Go down
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 12:17 am

Well last night Papa and I decided to go to the gravel pit in town. I had quite a run but they were all little bull heads -- nothing worth keeping. I did get 2 doubles a bully on both hooks. The moon rise was awesome tonight. It was just good to be out with my buddy Papa sitting on the bank. It would have been nice to get some eating sized fish too but I don't think it will be too productive until fall. But we'll still go out every week we can.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 7:56 am

Them stick fish can be a pain some times, but at the same time they can be the talk of the night lolol, Ridge i to like to just get out and wet a line weather i catch something or not and when you can do it with a good friend like papa well that make the time out awesome thanks for thr report ridge. cheers Illinois Vermillion River 264358
Back to top Go down
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 8:57 am

Oh I'm surprised that Papa hasn't said anything yet about me fishing in the trees.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:30 am

ridgerunner wrote:
Oh I'm surprised that Papa hasn't said anything yet about me fishing in the trees.

Are you still trying to fish for fish sticks, Ridge? LOLOL...... All kidding aside, thanks for the report! We always look forward to the fishing reports from our members. There's nothing like sitting on the bank or in a boat or wherever with a good friend. Yes, it would have been nice to get some eating size fish but it was all worth not getting the eating size, as you spent some quality time with a great friend and that's all that counts!~! Illinois Vermillion River 989950 Illinois Vermillion River 205611
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Illinois Vermillion River   Illinois Vermillion River I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Illinois Vermillion River
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next