BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Illinois dissability policies

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Illinois dissability policies Empty
PostSubject: Illinois dissability policies   Illinois dissability policies I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 5:45 pm

POLICIES FOR THE DISABLED HUNTER

LET'S GO HUNTING

How does a person with a disability go HUNTING or FISHING in a State Park or Fish and Wildlife Area ? It's easy - let us tell you how....

FISHING

The State of Illinois has some of the most accessible fishing areas in the country. We have lots of accessible piers and places for bank fishing and hold fishing events throughout the state. You can e-mail Jay Williams for a copy. You can also call the Site Superintendent in your area to get more information. All disabled veterans resident or non-resident (10% service-related) or any person with a Class 2 or a Class 2A card is exempt from a fishing license. This card only applies to IL residents.

HUNTING

Illinois has some of the best hunting around. From turkey to deer to even geese, we have it. We have so many opportunities for hunters with disabilities to bag that trophy buck.

A new policy that Illinois offers people with disabilities is our "10 Day Rule." Though a disabled hunter is exempt from a license (see below) you like other hunters MUST go through the permit application process in a timely manner. You will have to obtain a permit (either statewide application or site allocation ). Because a person has a disability DOES NOT exempt them from purchasing a permit. If you are unsure of how to obtain the permit for the site or game you wish to hunt, please call them. After you have received the permit, call the site 10 days prior to your hunt date and they will make reasonable accommodations for you. All disabled veterans resident or non-resident (10% service-related) or any person with a Class P2 or a Class P2A card is exempt from a hunting license. This card only applies to IL residents. Also, resident or non-resident disabled veterans are exempt from a habitat stamp.

INFORMATION ON HUNTING / FISHING EXEMPTIONS
If you are a Veteran you are exempt from a hunting and fishing license (see above). You are also exempt from purchasing a Habitat stamp. To be exempt you must be able to show proof of disability with a Veteran’s disability card ( at least 10% service related). This card is available at your local Veteran’s Affairs office.

CARD HOLDERS

If you are disabled and possess a Class P2 or a Class P2A card, you are exempt from a hunting license.

Class 2 and 2A will exempt you from a fishing license.

You are NOT exempt from a Habitat stamp.

You can pick up a P2 or P2A application at your nearest Secretary of State's office. Your habitat stamp can be purchased wherever hunting/fishing licenses are sold, or go on-line for your Habitat stamp at https://www.link2gov.com/il/dnr/

You will still have to apply and pay for your permits.

E-mail your questions to jwilliams1@dnrmail.state.il.us or call 618-439-9111, ext. 257
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Illinois dissability policies   Illinois dissability policies I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 7:06 pm

That Is Some Cool Info Buddy, There Is Alot Of Places That Don't Offer Such Areas For The Disabled But It Sounds Like They Have That Under Control There. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
Dragger
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Dragger

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2007-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Illinois dissability policies   Illinois dissability policies I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:22 pm

Good Info Papa, thanks for posting...........
Back to top Go down
Ace
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Ace

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2008-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Illinois dissability policies   Illinois dissability policies I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:34 pm

Good Info Papa.
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Illinois dissability policies   Illinois dissability policies I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 3:32 pm

They have a lot of good places fixed up on the lakes for people that are all crippled up, thank the good Lord I can still walk to where I want to fish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Illinois dissability policies   Illinois dissability policies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Illinois dissability policies
Page 1 of 1