BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vermillion river in Illinois

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Vermillion river in Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Vermillion river in Illinois   Vermillion river in Illinois I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 10:29 am

Went out for about 3hrs yesterday and only caught 1 channel about 2lbs and one leatherback turtle about 6 inches across, but had a good time fishing. I was using shrimp, bums me out the dang turtles like the shrimp too. I quit using chicken liver due to tired of catching the friggin turtles but guess they like whatever your gonna throw out. I tried some of my stink bait also but had no takers on it, which don't suprise me, but the turtles don't like it so that's a plus.
Back to top Go down
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Vermillion river in Illinois   Vermillion river in Illinois I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 8:01 pm

We gonna be able to go out on Saturday night?
Back to top Go down
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Vermillion river in Illinois   Vermillion river in Illinois I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 3:39 pm

Well we went out Saturday, I caught the bait and Papa caught the fish. I caught a soft shell. His mouth was pretty sore after taking the hook out I'm sure. I caught 3 suckers and a chub. They became cut bait. Papa's channel cat was in the 3 pound range. Good night out to relax after a frustrating day of working on the cars.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Vermillion river in Illinois   Vermillion river in Illinois I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 5:07 pm

Sounds fun...atleast you guys are getting out to fish.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Vermillion river in Illinois   Vermillion river in Illinois I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 8:04 pm

Glad to hear you got out and was able to catch some fish. Sounds like you had a great, relaxing night fishing on the river bank. Even though they weren't biting too well, at least you got some relaxation in. There's nothing wrong with "stress relief" on the river bank!
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Vermillion river in Illinois   Vermillion river in Illinois I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 11:29 am

Yep it was a good night out with a good friend. Gonna go out tomorrow morning and see if I can catch a few. Well planning on it anyway, things can change real quick when you plan something ahead of time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vermillion river in Illinois   Vermillion river in Illinois I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vermillion river in Illinois
Page 1 of 1