BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Catching BullHeads

Go down 
+5
graybeard
knightfisher
papa
themaninblack
North Star
9 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Catching BullHeads Empty
PostSubject: Catching BullHeads   Catching BullHeads I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 10:47 am

What Is Your Favorite Way And Your Favorite Bait To Use For Bullhead Fishing.???

When I Was Younger We Would Go Out And Catch Bullheads By The Bucket Full, Then Stand For Hours Cleaning Them, Some For The Frying Pan And Some To Be Smoked At The Local Meat Market. Now When I Was Younger If You Were To Ask Me Which Way I Liked To Eat Them I Would Have Told You In The Frying Pan, But Now I Would Tell Ya Smoked I Guess The Reason For That Is Because We Ate So Many Fried That I Lost All Interest In The Taste Other Than Smoked.

Now To Catch Them Either For Bait For Flathead Fishing Or Catching A Few For A Meal For My Mom, I Like To Use Worms Although We Do Use Small Minnows For The Monster BullHeads Out There. We Have Several Lakes In My Area That Have BullHeads Over A LB And Bigger In My Area So It Is Nothing To Catch Them For Either Eat Or Fishing. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
themaninblack
Dime
Dime
themaninblack

Number of posts : 104
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Catching BullHeads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching BullHeads   Catching BullHeads I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2007 11:05 am

worms
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520

Catching BullHeads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching BullHeads   Catching BullHeads I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 11:25 am

themaninblack wrote:
worms

I agree and I have a friend that has a cabin on an old gravel pit, and last year I caught a bullhead that was just over 4lbs. he said that the new state record is going to come out of there. I hope I catch it, lol
Back to top Go down
knightfisher
knightfisher

Number of posts : 366

Catching BullHeads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching BullHeads   Catching BullHeads I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 11:52 am

worms or smelt work real good
Back to top Go down
http://jmjoutdoorworld.com/index.php
graybeard
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
graybeard

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Catching BullHeads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching BullHeads   Catching BullHeads I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 7:28 pm

When I was younger, we used to go to Waterville and fish for bullheads. Bring them in by the bucketfuls. We used to take them down to a guy who would skin and freeze there for a little bit of nothing. Always used nightcrawlers. When we started going to Villard, we used to fish bullheads at night once in awhile, and would use a tough old cheap piece of steak, they couldn't get it off the hook so easy.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875

Catching BullHeads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching BullHeads   Catching BullHeads I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2007 7:54 pm

yep done that before buddy(tough old steak) when ya clean the freezer out that stuff works for bullheads and catfish, and like ya said it makes it tough to get off the hook. wish i could find a good spot to get some bullheads to have smoked at the locker, thats some good stuff there. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
Ralph Wiggum
Penny
Penny
Ralph Wiggum

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Catching BullHeads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching BullHeads   Catching BullHeads I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2008 1:19 pm

Worms or leeches. The leeches tend to stay on the hook better, which is an advantage.
Back to top Go down
jerseycat9
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jerseycat9

Number of posts : 418

Catching BullHeads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching BullHeads   Catching BullHeads I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 11:52 pm

Im leaning towards worms but they can also prey hell to doughballs for carp
Back to top Go down
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Catching BullHeads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching BullHeads   Catching BullHeads I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 1:31 am

worms and livers
Back to top Go down
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Number of posts : 1818

Catching BullHeads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching BullHeads   Catching BullHeads I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 7:22 am

worms and livers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Catching BullHeads Empty
PostSubject: Re: Catching BullHeads   Catching BullHeads I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Catching BullHeads
Page 1 of 1