BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

tip for today

Go down 
+3
Larry W
Dragger
pappy3
7 posters
AuthorMessage
pappy3
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
pappy3

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2007-12-07

tip for today Empty
PostSubject: tip for today   tip for today I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 3:17 pm

#1 TIP for today if you are going to catch your bait with a cast net from the boat be sure you do not get it hung up on something on the boat, like the front cleat !!
This morning I was out getting some bait to go catch the big fatcatdaddy by using my cast net from the bow of my boat!!
My front deck is recessed about 8 inches so in order for me to throw a 16 ft cast net I have to stand on the very front of the v of my bow!!
this v is only about 14 inches wide at the widest point then gets smaller on both sides, so you have to be careful just throwing from there and not loose your balance.
Here I was already growing tired from throwing this heavy net so my arm wasn't as high as it should have been and at full
swing with all I have I hook the front cleat of my boat and I go over into the 54 degree water head over tea kettle lol! lol! lol! affraid BRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! THATS CASTNETTING 101 DON'T HANG THE NET UP IN FULL THROW!!! Embarassed lol!

Last edited by on Sun Feb 10, 2008 12:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dragger
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Dragger

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2007-12-15

tip for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: tip for today   tip for today I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 3:25 pm

...............HeHeHe.......I'm sorry Buddy, But ......HeHe...................glad your OK.......
Back to top Go down
Dragger
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Dragger

tip for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: tip for today   tip for today I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 3:27 pm

............"Edit".......... Sorry Buddy, glad your OK..........
Back to top Go down
pappy3
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
pappy3

Number of posts : 421

tip for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: tip for today   tip for today I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 3:30 pm

iT REALLY IS FUNNY BUT COULD HAVE BEEN BAD IN COLD WATER GET HUNG IN THE NET CAN'T GET BACK ON BOARD, i THINK i WILL MAKE ME A BOARDING LADDER!! Very Happy
GOT ANY TIPS?
Back to top Go down
Larry W
Nickel
Nickel
Larry W

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2007-12-12

tip for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: tip for today   tip for today I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 4:43 pm

A boarding ladder is a good idea and a life vest. Glad you are ok.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

tip for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: tip for today   tip for today I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 7:35 pm

Pappy I Think The Ladder Is A Good Idea And Like Larry Said A Life Vest Is Good Also At Least Till You Get To Were You Will Be Doing Your Still Fishing, Glad Your Ok Buddy Better Get Some Hot Tea Or Coffee In Ya Before That Cold Sets In. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
katfish
Nickel
Nickel
katfish

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-12-10

tip for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: tip for today   tip for today I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 10:51 pm

Pappy

Please be careful out there!!

You know you can get bait with a smaller net and not have to throw so hard and get the net so high.

I only want shad once or twice a year and even then I often persuade others to throw the net. When I do target them it is usually in the Fall when I can prowl docks and get my bait from a large elevated platform.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stormpages.com/katchaser/index.html
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Number of posts : 1818

tip for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: tip for today   tip for today I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:08 am

First and foremost...Always wear your life jacket...They make them small enough now that you really don't even know you have it on...Nothing is more important than your safety...
Back to top Go down
anchorpuller
Dime
Dime
anchorpuller

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2007-12-11

tip for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: tip for today   tip for today I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 12:31 am

What Tess said..

Glad you are OK!
Back to top Go down
Dragger
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Dragger

tip for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: tip for today   tip for today I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 9:56 pm

Pappy, the best tip for today is to stay in the boat, You stay dry and warm..............
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

tip for today Empty
PostSubject: Re: tip for today   tip for today I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tip for today
Page 1 of 1