BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Walleye's Early season

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Walleye's Early season Empty
PostSubject: Walleye's Early season   Walleye's Early season I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:35 am

With our early spring and late opener this year the walleye patterns may be a little different from past years. The fish will be post spawn. If they have recovered the fishing could be tremendous. Finding them could present a problem however. They may have spread out and started heading for their deeper hangouts. Now there are lots of different methods out there you can try and at the top of my list and the first thing that i try is (vertical jigging) I like the Floating jig and a Night Crawler or a large Fathead minnow, I also like to use a medium action rod when fishing the walleye because then you can feel the light bitters a lot easier. The way i hook the Minnow is through the mouth and up through the top of the head, this will make your minnow swim heads up when you are drifting (Since you are putting all the action on the jig you can use dead minnows for this.), the Night Crawler i run the hook in the tip of the worm (the dark brown end) as far as it will go then out the side this way the crawler will be long and full of action. Also i have another early season technique, and that is pulling Rapla's at about 2 mph or faster but not to fast maybe 4 mph at the most this can really pull in some awesome eye's.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Walleye's Early season Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walleye's Early season   Walleye's Early season I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:10 pm

gave me a couple of ideals there mike ....i uselly hook the minnow in the tail area ....make like a diein minnow ...easy snack ...i like the ideal of the hook thru the mouth ....cause ya all ways have a few dead minnows ...ty ! Smile
Back to top Go down

Walleye's Early season
Page 1 of 1