BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lake Erie Walleyes

Go down 
+7
FISHONAJ
Muskyman
newfie2007
Bernie
jman
North Star
OhioFisher
11 posters
AuthorMessage
OhioFisher
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
OhioFisher

Number of posts : 279
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Lake Erie Walleyes Empty
PostSubject: Lake Erie Walleyes   Lake Erie Walleyes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 10:21 pm

Headed out today being the first day of clear water and also hetfest. Got to the launch about 7:30 and man was it packed! OGF guys were everywhere just wow! It was a beautiful morning sunny First fished turtle reef just out of turtle creek I got my first fish there after getting rid of the rust on a few bites. Moved to locust point reef where dad would pick up his first fish on a vibeE. After this we ran low on minnows so we had to go back in Razz 2.50 a dozen at lamberjacks and only a dollar a scoop at Bait Barn (suggestion-vist BB instead of Happy Hooker). After this we went to crib reef-north of tousaint fished here for a while and got nothing Suspect No Then headed a small way north to [pm for location] reef-here were 5 headboats at one point! Got the rest of our 6 fish in a small "honey hole" spot and that was fun! Then when I just got the last fish-The wind picked up so we headed in. Within 5 mins it went from flat calm to 4 footers guys who were out there know what I'm talkin' bout! We got soaked and it was a lil scary Very Happy But all in al a great day on the water and even worked out we stopped in at the TC outing and had some food :food: Pics from the day :big:
All The Boats Heading Out-
Lake Erie Walleyes DidgiFishPics3042
First Walleye I Touched Wink
Lake Erie Walleyes DidgiFishPics3043
A Good Reef Limit Of Eyes-
Lake Erie Walleyes DidgiFishPics3045
Back to top Go down
http://ohiooutdoors.org
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Lake Erie Walleyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Erie Walleyes   Lake Erie Walleyes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 10:31 pm

O.K. Our Fishing Opener Is Next Month And My Mouth Is Watering Over Them Walleye's Congrats To You And Your Dad In The Fine Catch Of Fish. Were You Using Plain Hooks And Minnows. Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
OhioFisher
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
OhioFisher

Number of posts : 279

Lake Erie Walleyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Erie Walleyes   Lake Erie Walleyes I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 10:50 pm

NO well knda
just hair jigs and minnos
Back to top Go down
http://ohiooutdoors.org
jman
Nickel
Nickel
jman

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Lake Erie Walleyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Erie Walleyes   Lake Erie Walleyes I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 12:11 am

Congrats on the great day of fishing for you and your dad.
Back to top Go down
Bernie
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Bernie

Number of posts : 643
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Lake Erie Walleyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Erie Walleyes   Lake Erie Walleyes I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 8:19 am

Wow that was a great day Fisher. Thanks for that complete report. Nice large walleyes also. One of the best flavored fish there is.
Back to top Go down
newfie2007
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
newfie2007

Number of posts : 766

Lake Erie Walleyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Erie Walleyes   Lake Erie Walleyes I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 4:24 pm

Congrats on the fish
Back to top Go down
http://world-of-outdoors.canadian-forum.com/
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Lake Erie Walleyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Erie Walleyes   Lake Erie Walleyes I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 11:58 pm

WTG! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
FISHONAJ
Penny
Penny
FISHONAJ

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Lake Erie Walleyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Erie Walleyes   Lake Erie Walleyes I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 9:59 am

I was up the same weekend, but caught our fish trolling reefrunners back 50-60 in the deeper waters around the reefs. I posted a longer report with pics at www.midwestangling.com

AJ
Back to top Go down
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Number of posts : 1818

Lake Erie Walleyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Erie Walleyes   Lake Erie Walleyes I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 11:46 am

WTG! Congrats!
Back to top Go down
timber
Admin
Admin
timber

Number of posts : 548
Registration date : 2007-12-06

Lake Erie Walleyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Erie Walleyes   Lake Erie Walleyes I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 12:34 am

WoW I'm hungry!!!
Back to top Go down
Fishers of Men
Nickel
Nickel
Fishers of Men

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Lake Erie Walleyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Erie Walleyes   Lake Erie Walleyes I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 12:39 am

FISHONAJ wrote:
I was up the same weekend, but caught our fish trolling reefrunners back 50-60 in the deeper waters around the reefs. I posted a longer report with pics at www.midwestangling.com

AJ

Nice post OhioFisher.

AJ and OhioFisher, you going to make turtle creek this year? Ha, AJ...a lot of guys left their trolling gear at home last year.
Bet they wont do that again, especially if the spawn is over....Seemed to go quick last year, I was kinda bored catching all those little males in a way. Spoiled with the hogs out East Smile
Back to top Go down
http://fomsportfishing.com/
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

Number of posts : 1525

Lake Erie Walleyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Erie Walleyes   Lake Erie Walleyes I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 3:29 am

nice pics Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FISHONAJ
Penny
Penny
FISHONAJ

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Lake Erie Walleyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Erie Walleyes   Lake Erie Walleyes I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 12:20 pm

Fishers of Men wrote:
FISHONAJ wrote:

AJ

Nice post OhioFisher.

AJ and OhioFisher, you going to make turtle creek this year? Ha, AJ...a lot of guys left their trolling gear at home last year.
Bet they wont do that again, especially if the spawn is over....Seemed to go quick last year, I was kinda bored catching all those little males in a way. Spoiled with the hogs out East Smile

I'm sure i'll make it up this spring Van, i'm just not sure of the dates. Hook and Book from OGF has graciously invited me to stay/fish with him again, so i just need to figure out how to get the time off from work lol!

AJ
Back to top Go down
Fishers of Men
Nickel
Nickel
Fishers of Men

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Lake Erie Walleyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Erie Walleyes   Lake Erie Walleyes I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 1:17 pm

Cool, hope to see you there.
I saw hook and book last year in Vermillion.
Back to top Go down
http://fomsportfishing.com/
Sponsored content

Lake Erie Walleyes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lake Erie Walleyes   Lake Erie Walleyes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lake Erie Walleyes
Page 1 of 1