BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Never Been So Cold In My Life.

Go down 
+4
richardcatdaddy
ridgerunner
Grumpy
arlington
8 posters
AuthorMessage
arlington
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
arlington

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Never Been So Cold In My Life. Empty
PostSubject: Never Been So Cold In My Life.   Never Been So Cold In My Life. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 4:34 pm

Me, my son and a good friend went camping on Center Hill Lake last night. We were going after flat heads. Its been very hot and humid here. It started getting cold as the first real cold front of the year came through. I put on a coat and rolled up in my cot at around 12am this morning. I was about 15 ft from the edge of the water. At around 4am I woke up FROZE TO FRIGGGGGIN death. I couldn't move I was so cold. The temp had dropped from the high 70s to around 39 degrees and heavy fog. I got up off the cot but my legs would not work. It was down hill to the water and thats where all 270 lbs of me headed. I couldn't stop. I couldn't stop or controll my legs. Just before I jumped off into 25 ft of water wearing a heavy coat, I just dropped to the ground and held on. After a few minutes I was able to crawl back to my cot. By this time my son and friend were up . They were both freezing and wondering why I was crawling up the bank on my hands and knees. We built a fire that could be seen in Nashvilee 70 miles away. I'm getting way to old for this CrAppPpPpPpP. We caught 3 small flatties and to be honest, I really could have cared less about a fish. I just wanted to go home.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jmjoutdoorworld.com
Grumpy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Grumpy

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Never Been So Cold In My Life.   Never Been So Cold In My Life. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 5:40 pm

I got up early this morning and went crappie fishing. I wore a jacket and was nice and warm even though it was about 40 degrees out there.

I fished for 2 hours in fog so heavy I couldn't see anything. When the fog lifted, I was a pretty good ways from where I thought I was fishing. When I got back to where I needed to be, I caught 10 nice slabs and then my trolling motor battery ran down, so I came home.

Got a big bowl of fillets. I think I'm gonna go cook them now.
Back to top Go down
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Never Been So Cold In My Life.   Never Been So Cold In My Life. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 7:27 pm

I don't feel sorry for them, do you Mike? 39 degrees is short sleeve weather up here!
Back to top Go down
richardcatdaddy
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
richardcatdaddy

Number of posts : 2202
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Never Been So Cold In My Life.   Never Been So Cold In My Life. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 7:38 pm

Now you all play nice with us warm weather fisherman.Or we will curse you and it will never get cold again in your neck of the woods.
Back to top Go down
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

PostSubject: Re: Never Been So Cold In My Life.   Never Been So Cold In My Life. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:08 pm

Hey as far as I'm concerned the cold can stay in Tennessee.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875

PostSubject: Re: Never Been So Cold In My Life.   Never Been So Cold In My Life. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 7:15 am

ridgerunner wrote:
I don't feel sorry for them, do you Mike? 39 degrees is short sleeve weather up here!
You got that right ridge, Fact i was just out cutting wood yesterday morning and the temps was in the low 30's, and wind chill factors in the middle 20's lolol i was sweating the whole time lolol poor poor john but i can picture your trip to the water front lolol. Never Been So Cold In My Life. 226386
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

PostSubject: Re: Never Been So Cold In My Life.   Never Been So Cold In My Life. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 8:07 am

Well I remember when we first moved to Texas that first winter the Texans were all bundled up. I had a light jacket on. Well the next year I was one of those who was bundled up.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Never Been So Cold In My Life.   Never Been So Cold In My Life. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 9:24 am

ridgerunner wrote:
Well I remember when we first moved to Texas that first winter the Texans were all bundled up. I had a light jacket on. Well the next year I was one of those who was bundled up.

Yep yep, Ridge. I was pretty much the same way. I do NOT like the cold whatsoever. Man did it get cold last night!~! Time to start wearing heavier clothes at work also or I will freeze to death up on the front end cash registers!

As far as John, that was just WAYYYYYY too funny Razz Razz Razz Never Been So Cold In My Life. 226386 Never Been So Cold In My Life. 29755 Never Been So Cold In My Life. 45659 Never Been So Cold In My Life. 209995 Never Been So Cold In My Life. 209995 Never Been So Cold In My Life. 209995 I could picture him rolling down the hill going head first for the water.... Poor John... Better luck next time!~! LMAOOO
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Never Been So Cold In My Life.   Never Been So Cold In My Life. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 10:50 am

try living in Florida for 5 or 6 yrs and then travel up to alabama when its 27 degrees...thatll freeze you up good.
Back to top Go down
pappy3
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
pappy3

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Never Been So Cold In My Life.   Never Been So Cold In My Life. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 11:20 am

arlington wrote:
Me, my son and a good friend went camping on Center Hill Lake last night. We were going after flat heads. Its been very hot and humid here. It started getting cold as the first real cold front of the year came through. I put on a coat and rolled up in my cot at around 12am this morning. I was about 15 ft from the edge of the water. At around 4am I woke up FROZE TO FRIGGGGGIN death. I couldn't move I was so cold. The temp had dropped from the high 70s to around 39 degrees and heavy fog. I got up off the cot but my legs would not work. It was down hill to the water and thats where all 270 lbs of me headed. I couldn't stop. I couldn't stop or controll my legs. Just before I jumped off into 25 ft of water wearing a heavy coat, I just dropped to the ground and held on. After a few minutes I was able to crawl back to my cot. By this time my son and friend were up . They were both freezing and wondering why I was crawling up the bank on my hands and knees. We built a fire that could be seen in Nashvilee 70 miles away. I'm getting way to old for this CrAppPpPpPpP. We caught 3 small flatties and to be honest, I really could have cared less about a fish. I just wanted to go home.

where is a video camera when you need one.!!!! LOL lol! AT LEAST YOU DIDN'T GO SWIMING!!
Back to top Go down
arlington
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
arlington

Number of posts : 910

PostSubject: Re: Never Been So Cold In My Life.   Never Been So Cold In My Life. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 9:17 pm

Hey Pappy, how tha heck are you my ole friend?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jmjoutdoorworld.com
pappy3
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
pappy3

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Never Been So Cold In My Life.   Never Been So Cold In My Life. I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 9:35 pm

busy busy busy how are you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Never Been So Cold In My Life.   Never Been So Cold In My Life. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Never Been So Cold In My Life.
Page 1 of 1