BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Neb. judge: Inmate can't rename himself 'Sinner'

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Neb. judge: Inmate can't rename himself 'Sinner' Empty
PostSubject: Neb. judge: Inmate can't rename himself 'Sinner'   Neb. judge: Inmate can't rename himself 'Sinner' I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:12 am

LINCOLN, Neb. – He may have broken the law, but a Nebraska inmate still can't change his name to "Sinner Lawrence Bilskirnir (bil-skeer-NEER')."

Court documents say 23-year-old Jonathan L. Thomas cited his Norse religion in seeking the name change to Sinner Lawrence Bilskirnir. He says he "is a heathen and Thor is his 'High God.'"

But Lancaster County District Judge Steve Burns denied the request. He said government agencies will need to closely track Thomas because of his criminal record and three child-support cases against him.

Thomas is serving time for attempted burglary, receiving stolen property and methamphetamine possession. He is due to be released in 2014.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Neb. judge: Inmate can't rename himself 'Sinner'   Neb. judge: Inmate can't rename himself 'Sinner' I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 7:29 am

Well unless he does this all illegally, it will be very hard for him to get what he wants and to avoid his criminal past do to his social security # and so on with the government. It would be done by thousands of people if it was possible.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Neb. judge: Inmate can't rename himself 'Sinner'   Neb. judge: Inmate can't rename himself 'Sinner' I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 8:39 am

North Star wrote:
Well unless he does this all illegally, it will be very hard for him to get what he wants and to avoid his criminal past do to his social security # and so on with the government. It would be done by thousands of people if it was possible.

It is possible, Mike. Prime example, my X-husband-my kids' dad. He went 32 years with thinking that the dad that raised him was his biological dad. When his g'ma passed away, he found out that he was adopted by the "dad". About a year later, him and his wife changed their names. His wife only changed her last name. My X changed his first and last name. What was his first name is now his middle name. This may be a bit different circumstance, but it can still be done. You will still have the same social security # though. That will NEVER change, no matter how many times you change your name.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Neb. judge: Inmate can't rename himself 'Sinner'   Neb. judge: Inmate can't rename himself 'Sinner' I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 10:55 am

I say let the guy change his name no matter how stupid it sounds.......I'll change mine to "The Alabama Slammer Peanut Butter Hammer" Neb. judge: Inmate can't rename himself 'Sinner' 214406
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neb. judge: Inmate can't rename himself 'Sinner'   Neb. judge: Inmate can't rename himself 'Sinner' I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Neb. judge: Inmate can't rename himself 'Sinner'
Page 1 of 1