BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Getting close to home

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Getting close to home Empty
PostSubject: Getting close to home   Getting close to home I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 8:44 am

I sure hope they can keep this contained and in there own state to save our forestry here in Minnesota.

RAPID CITY, S.D. (AP) — Black Hills National Forest managers want feedback on a proposal to ease the threat of mountain pine beetles and reduce forest fuels that could burn in a wildfire.

The Slate Castle Project is northwest of Hill City and east of Deerfield Lake. It covers almost 60 square miles of national forest land and more than 9 square miles of interspersed private land.

The federal agency has released a Draft Environmental Impact Statement on which people have 45 days to file public comments.

Information on how to comment on the Slate Castle Project is available on the Black Hills National Forest Web site.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a web site that talks about this destructive bug.

http://www.ext.colostate.edu/pubs/insect/05528.html
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Getting close to home   Getting close to home I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:10 am

This doesn't sound good at all! I sure hope they can contain them in their own state also. Hopefully they will get a good wrap on them so they won't be a danger to the forestry in S.D.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Getting close to home   Getting close to home I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:14 am

Theyre all over the south.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting close to home   Getting close to home I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting close to home
Page 1 of 1