BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

a lil close 4 ya mike

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2007-12-14

a lil close 4 ya mike Empty
PostSubject: a lil close 4 ya mike   a lil close 4 ya mike I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 1:18 am

Buzz Up Send
Email IM Share
Delicious Digg Facebook Fark Newsvine Reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Bookmarks Print AP – This undated photo released by the Alabama Department of Corrections shows 22-year-old Ashton Kenny Chase … By KATE BRUMBACK, Associated Press Writer Kate Brumback, Associated Press Writer – Sat Jun 6, 9:03 pm ET
A nearly 14-hour standoff on a ranch in North Dakota ended Saturday with the arrest of two men who escaped from a rural Alabama prison more than 1,200 miles away, a federal law enforcement official said.

Joshua Southwick, 26, and Ashton Mink, 22, were apprehended following two shootouts with North Dakota law enforcement, nearly two weeks after their brazen escape from the Perry County Detention Center in Uniontown, Ala.

Also taken into custody were two women who authorities said helped the men escape: Angela Diana Mink, 25, and Jacquelin Rae Kennamer Mink, 25, Mink's sister and wife, respectively.

Ashton and Jacquelin Mink were wounded after the two ran out of a ranch building and Ashton Mink fired a gun at officers, said the law enforcement official, who requested anonymity because he wasn't authorized to discuss the matter.

Police returned fire and hit the man. Jacquelin Mink was also shot, but it was not immediately clear whether her wound was self-inflicted or a result of police fire. Both survived and were taken to hospitals. Their conditions weren't immediately known.

The four had eluded law enforcement in at least seven states until a robbery at a video store in North Dakota around midnight Friday. The fugitives, who are suspected of the robbery, fled the scene and then holed up in an outbuilding on a ranch in Dickinson, N.D., the law enforcement official said.

Officers exchanged shots with the suspects as they drove away from the video store, but law enforcement lost them.

Around 12:45 a.m. Saturday, a rancher contacted authorities to say people had run into one of his buildings, the official said. Law enforcement including local SWAT teams surrounded the building, which was about 100 miles west of Bismarck.

As law enforcement prepared to use tear gas on the building around 2:25 p.m., Southwick and Angela Mink walked out and were taken into custody, the official said.

At the same time, Ashton and Jacquelin Mink ran out the back of the building, and the gunfire was exchanged.

Stark County Sheriff Clarence Tuhy confirmed a standoff with Alabama fugitives had ended but said he didn't have the names of the suspects.

The saga began on May 25 when the women hid in the woods outside the prison during a storm and cut the electric fence before dawn, apparently counting on the alarm being ignored, authorities said.

To escape, Southwick and Ashton Mink changed into a pair of uniforms normally worn by kitchen workers. They were then mistakenly allowed outside the prison by a worker who thought they were kitchen trusties, said Richard Harbison, executive vice president of prison operator LCS Corrections Services Inc. of Lafayette, La.

It's unclear how the two got the uniforms or why the women were confident that guards would ignore the alarms that would be triggered by cutting the power lines. Seven employees at the privately owned lockup were fired for allegedly committing a string of blunders that allowed the scheme to work.

Southwick had pleaded guilty to murder and burglary in a slaying in Alabama's Limestone County six years ago, and Mink was serving time for attempted murder after being accused of stabbing a man during a home invasion in Huntsville.

Both women were charged with aiding in the escape before the standoff occurred. A call to the local prosecutor in North Dakota rang unanswered.

___

a lil close 4 ya mike 571914
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: a lil close 4 ya mike   a lil close 4 ya mike I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 12:02 pm

Stuff like that happens in this part of florida where I'm at all the time...Thats why I'll be glad to get back to sweet home alabama.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: a lil close 4 ya mike   a lil close 4 ya mike I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 12:28 pm

Yep that is about 200 miles away from here, someone was for sure involved with this for them to come all the way up here. What morons to think that they wouldn't be seen out on the plains, there is no were to hide. a lil close 4 ya mike 89343 a lil close 4 ya mike 89343 a lil close 4 ya mike 89343
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
richardcatdaddy
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
richardcatdaddy

Number of posts : 2202
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: a lil close 4 ya mike   a lil close 4 ya mike I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 1:34 pm

Well,escapees aint the smartest kids on the block.They sure didnt have no place to hide.Musta not liked the movie from the video store either i guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a lil close 4 ya mike   a lil close 4 ya mike I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a lil close 4 ya mike
Page 1 of 1