BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Support your local Racetrack

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Support your local Racetrack Empty
PostSubject: Support your local Racetrack   Support your local Racetrack I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:11 am

I dont know about you guys but I love going to my local short track whether it be dirt or asphalt....Unlike the big bys of NASCAR you can go to the pit area and talk to these guys and shake there hands...Theyre jusst local guys bwith 40 hr a week jobs that race on Friday and Saturday nights.....I say go support you local short track for the purpose of good family entertainment.

Heres a link to tracks all over the country: http://www.racereview.com/race_track_directory.htm

These are a few race cars from Eastbay Raceway in the Tampa area.
Support your local Racetrack 149_ss

Support your local Racetrack 100_1275

Support your local Racetrack 100_1303

Support your local Racetrack 100_1222

Support your local Racetrack 73lm_ebrwdirt1
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Support your local Racetrack   Support your local Racetrack I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:31 am

I use to go to our races every Sat night but they kept raising the prices so I jus gave it up. When the prices were lower they had a much larger crowd, sold more beer and food but they want to get as much at the gate per person as they can, so I am out. I can sit out in my yard and listen but thats not very interesting. If they gave oldtimers or disabled a break I would probably start going again but oh well they will have to do without me now.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Support your local Racetrack   Support your local Racetrack I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 5:36 pm

Yep I Use To Go All The Time To, Now I Make It There Maybe On The 4th Of July And Thats About It. It's Not To Do With The Price Or Any Thing Just Don't Have As Much Time As I Did When I Was A Kid With Not Much To Do But Chase Women, Crap I Guess They Call That Married With Children. LOLOL cheers cheers cheers

This Is The One I Go To Every Now And Then.

http://www.racereview.com/mn-viking.htm
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Support your local Racetrack   Support your local Racetrack I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 10:00 pm

Of cours here is mine being as I live in Fairbury.

http://www.racereview.com/il-f-tracks.htm#FAIRBURY
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

PostSubject: Re: Support your local Racetrack   Support your local Racetrack I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 11:14 am

Thats a fast track Papa.....12 second track record for a late model....Some big name dirt drivers go there too.............I'd love to be a rich old rascal and be able to just travel all year long from dirt track to dirt track one year...stoppin only to eat and fish.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
jimhs
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jimhs

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Support your local Racetrack   Support your local Racetrack I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 3:32 pm

This is the track that I used to go to all the time to watch my two friends, Terry Parker and Tim Pyle race their cars.

http://www.sunsetspeedwaypark.com/

Terry has a 360 Sprint Car that his son Tony drives, and of course Tim is the kid with the Midget that there is a post here in BigfishMidwest about.

My cost as a senior was $8.00 to get in. If you wen't really early you could walk back into the pits and look at the cars and talk to the drivers. At a certain time they ran everyone out and after that you had to have a $20.00 pit pass.

I don't think that track will last much longer. They did away with the Midgets and Sprint Cars this year. The owner wanted to have only the jalopies and supermodifieds racing there. The problem is that about 80 to 90 percent of the people who attended the races came there to see the Sprints and Midgets run. So I think he cut his own throat with that decision.

It's a nice 1/3 mile clay track and the sure had some good racing there, but not anymore in my opinion.

Jim Cool
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

PostSubject: Re: Support your local Racetrack   Support your local Racetrack I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 7:42 pm

Those late models are getting real popular now but the track still needs some sprint car action....They need monthly sprint cars atleast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Support your local Racetrack   Support your local Racetrack I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Support your local Racetrack
Page 1 of 1