BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Economy Continues to Hurt Local Bars as One More Closes its Doors

Go down 
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Economy Continues to Hurt Local Bars as One More Closes its Doors Empty
PostSubject: Economy Continues to Hurt Local Bars as One More Closes its Doors   Economy Continues to Hurt Local Bars as One More Closes its Doors I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 10:45 am

NELSON, Minn - Despite its name Trophy's owner Scott Larson says it could not win against a bad economy and will be closing down Jan. 1.

"They say the economy will pick up in the next few years, but businesses don't have a few years to wait so we're closing," said Larson.

Larson also blames new drunk driving guidelines for his lack of business.

".08. The drunk driving law really cut into our business and kept people from coming out," said Larson.

However, Jerry Krebs has been a customer at Trophy's for six years and continued frequent the bar despite the economy and drunk driving law.

"We have to support all our local businesses. When one doesn't survive it's really sad and hurts us all," said Krebs.

Because Trophy's is closing, longtime employees will lose their jobs and possibly a few friendships.

"I've been here going on eight years. It's going to be tough finding another job, but it will be even tougher leaving all the friends I've made here," said Trophy's employee Dallas Blair.

Larson agreed.

"We're going to miss all the people we got used to seeing everyday," said Larson.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com

Economy Continues to Hurt Local Bars as One More Closes its Doors
Page 1 of 1