BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

flat bank sinkers

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
pappy3
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
pappy3

Number of posts : 421
Registration date : 2007-12-07

flat bank sinkers Empty
PostSubject: flat bank sinkers   flat bank sinkers I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 9:59 am

who uses them?
I am going to go to these with the idea of breaking off the weight when I get hung up and only loosing my weight instead of yards of power pro !
there is a weight slider made to go on your line that you tie a leader of lesser lb test than your main line to in the event of weight hang up you break off the weight leader.
this is the slider
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?id=0003306112130a&navCount=1&podId=0003306&parentId=cat20293&masterpathid=&navAction=jump&cmCat=MainCatcat20166-cat20293&catalogCode=IJ&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat20293&hasJS=true
this is the weight
http://www.barlowstackle.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=6&Product_ID=2000&CATID=59
what does everyone think?
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

flat bank sinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: flat bank sinkers   flat bank sinkers I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 2:21 pm

I Have Know Roll Sinkers, But I Need To Get Me Some Of Them Sinker Slides But There On Back Order Right Now So I Will Have To Check Back With Them. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
pappy3
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
pappy3

flat bank sinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: flat bank sinkers   flat bank sinkers I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 2:49 pm

you can get them at bass pro also
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520

flat bank sinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: flat bank sinkers   flat bank sinkers I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 3:22 pm

I like the sinker slides but have a different type that just come unsnapped when you get hung up. flat bank sinkers Slide, plus with these you don't have to untie your swivel to put them on. I put them on with the closier toward my pole and they work great. They are made of stainless steel I believe.
Back to top Go down
pappy3
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
pappy3

flat bank sinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: flat bank sinkers   flat bank sinkers I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2008 3:28 pm

papa wrote:
I like the sinker slides but have a different type that just come unsnapped when you get hung up. flat bank sinkers Slide, plus with these you don't have to untie your swivel to put them on. I put them on with the closier toward my pole and they work great. They are made of stainless steel I believe.
nevr seen them , where do you get them?
Back to top Go down
jimhs
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jimhs

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2007-12-05

flat bank sinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: flat bank sinkers   flat bank sinkers I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 8:26 am

Pappy I use those exact same sinker sliders. Have used them for years. There is one problem that I have found with them though. I bought a new "Do-it" sinker mold last year for three ounce bank sinkers. The eye's in the sinkers are too thick to go into those snaps on the sliders. So now I have to find some bigger snaps and replace the ones that came on the sliders. I had a whole package of about 100 or more big stainless snaps that I used to use for Sturgeon fishing, but can't find them. And I've looked all over the internet and in catalogs and I can't find any big enough for my sliders. I'll find some somewhere one of these days I hope.

Jim Cool
Back to top Go down
pappy3
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
pappy3

flat bank sinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: flat bank sinkers   flat bank sinkers I_icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 5:39 pm

Jim I am going to use a 50 lb leader on the swivel to the weight so it want make any difference!!
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520

flat bank sinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: flat bank sinkers   flat bank sinkers I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 12:59 pm

I get them from Cabela's in; swivels, snaps and clevises. if the wieght is to big to fit I just put a mono leader on it and it fits then, I don't know how big of a sinker they will hold but they are great for around here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

flat bank sinkers Empty
PostSubject: Re: flat bank sinkers   flat bank sinkers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

flat bank sinkers
Page 1 of 1