BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fish Pictures

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jimhs
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jimhs

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Fish Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Fish Pictures   Fish Pictures I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2009 7:21 pm

Well Mike, I promised you some fish pictures the other day, and I'm afraid I've let you down pal. Ray and I hadn't been to the reservoir for about 4 weeks. We left my house at 2:30 Saturday morning. We got there and put the boat in the water and fished for those big Bass like I had mentioned. It wasn't until it started getting daylight that we could see that the lake had turned over. You couldn't see 3 inches through that stuff. So we fired up the motor and ran down into the Snake River and went about 3 miles up the Snake to where the algae was gone. We found a couple of little coves that were really clear and fished those. All we caught was Crappies. And the biggest ones were about 8 inches. Not worth dragging the camera out. On top of everything else there was a Tri-State Bass Anglers tournament going on. Bass boats everywhere. The fish (bass anyhow) had been fished hard since daylight. We caught several of those but only around 6 to 8 inches long. So all in all it was a pretty lousy day. It was well over 100 degrees out in that sun. We went back to the park and slept under a shade tree until evening and went back out bit it was no better. We fished several places in the Powder River arm of the reservoir, and never had a single bite. 4 weeks ago we caught Crappies by the buckets full.

So fishing in Brownlee is over for probably another month at least until the algae clears up.

I think next weekend we are going to go to Unity Reservoir. I have had three different people I know tell me that they are catching good sized Rainbow Trout in there right now. 18 to 24 inches. Some of them going 5 pounds. I know these guy's so I can believe what they tell me. If we go and do any good, I'll be sure to have some pictures for the site then.

The new boat really ran great. The first time we had it out there were three of us in it and it got up to 39 miles per hour. I weigh 196, Ray is 230 and my friend Doug is real close to 300. So I thought it would probably do 45 m.p.h. with only one of us in the boat. Yesterday with Ray and I it did 49.7 m.p.h. Later in the day I turned on my G.P.S. and it says that I am doing two miles per hour faster than the fish finder says I'm doing. So it looks like that boat will do well over 50 m.p.h. with only one person in it. We are really happy with it. Just need to get into some really good fishing with it now.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Fish Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Pictures   Fish Pictures I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 8:28 am

Great report Jim thanks, it's good to hear different reports from around the states and i tell ya right now there not much different as far as the fish biting. so just hang in there they will eventually fire back up and you will get into the fish again. sounds like you have a great boat to at least it gets you to were you need to get and don't leave ya set some were stranded, thanks again Jim for the report everyone likes to read them. Fish Pictures 187452 Fish Pictures 571914
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Fish Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Pictures   Fish Pictures I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 9:38 am

Great report, Jim!~! Thanks for sharing with us. Mike is right, the fishing has been really messed up this year. By now, I usually have more fish than I can put in my freezer. Not this year. Hopefully it will pick up for us soon! We look forward to reading some more reports and hopefully seeing some pics in the future!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fish Pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fish Pictures   Fish Pictures I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fish Pictures
Page 1 of 1