BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Palm trees

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Palm trees Empty
PostSubject: Palm trees   Palm trees I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:44 am

I just came from pruning palm trees at the inlaws......Sounds easy enough with all of the trees still being small enough to reach from the ground but as I have found out since moving to Florida some palms have 1, 2 ,3 or even 4 inch thorns at the thick parts of the branches........They are he!! to dispose of without getting poked a hundred times........I love my wife but I think her family expects a little too much out of me sometimes........They have over 15 of those thorny palms and I pruned every one of them today.

P.S......For hire:....Palm tree pruner.....$25 an hr plus food/beer/free fishing gear/ 5 first aid kits and 3 pints of fresh blood for I.V.. Laughing just kidding.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Palm trees Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palm trees   Palm trees I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 12:58 pm

Glad You Put The Just Kidding My Son Is Looking For Work Right Now LOLOL I Feel For Ya Buddy I Always Had The Job Of Taking Care Of My Moms Roses Every Year. Now I Know That Them Thorns You Have Are Killer But I Always Hated Digging Them Little Ones Out From The Rose Bushes. cheers affraid
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Palm trees Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palm trees   Palm trees I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:58 pm

I use to have a 15 ft lemon tree in my yard.....not anymore....4 inch thorns or more like spikes.....I stepped on one a small fallen limb one evening in my sandals and it went through and pierced my foot....hurt and stung like a catfish fin and bled like a stuck pig..........I limped around for a week and soon after that tree was cut down to a stump.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Dime
Dime
Doug

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Palm trees Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palm trees   Palm trees I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 12:20 pm

Ouch been there done that and there wont be any in my yard or spanish bayonets either Evil or Very Mad Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jimhs
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jimhs

Number of posts : 378
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Palm trees Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palm trees   Palm trees I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 2:34 pm

I knew a guy a few years ago that did that for a living down in California. He worked ont he really big tall ones. Not something I would ever want to do thats's for sure.

Jim Cool
Back to top Go down
Bernie
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Bernie

Number of posts : 643
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Palm trees Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palm trees   Palm trees I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 2:38 pm

I have not trimmed any palms for a couple of years now. They are just cabbage palms and I used a chain saw for most of the work. I would like a couple of kings and queens but they are rough on allgeries. I have a book on just palms and think we have something like 92 varieties. Have not looked at it in a while however.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Palm trees Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palm trees   Palm trees I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 2:49 pm

Too many varieties to keep track of for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Palm trees Empty
PostSubject: Re: Palm trees   Palm trees I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Palm trees
Page 1 of 1