BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

More chances to harvest deer in Illinois

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2008-10-07

More chances to harvest deer in Illinois Empty
PostSubject: More chances to harvest deer in Illinois   More chances to harvest deer in Illinois I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 6:53 pm

Dear James,

I thought you or someone you know might be interested in some of the recent changes in Illinois' deer hunting laws.

These changes are intended to lengthen the deer hunting season for sportsmen. They are more hunter-friendly and will provide an opportunity for more deer to be harvested.

The fall deer season began on October 1, with archery hunters taking the first crack at the herd.

The seasons are:

* Archery - October 1 - January 17

* Youth - October 10 - 11

* Firearm season - November 20-22 and December 3-6

* Muzzleloader only - December 11-13

* Late Winter - December 31 - January 3 and January 15-17

Deer permits that remain after the daily drawing period will be available for over-the-counter sales on October 20. Hunters will be able to purchase these licenses through the Department of Natural Resources and approved retailers.

As you know, hunting can be a dangerous sport. It is important that all young and new hunters go through a safety education course. I hope our Central Illinois hunters will have a safe and bountiful season.

A link to deer season information and hunters' safety education materials can be found on my website: http://www.DanRutherford.com

Sincerely,
Dan Rutherford
State Senator
http://www.DanRutherford.com
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

More chances to harvest deer in Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Re: More chances to harvest deer in Illinois   More chances to harvest deer in Illinois I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 9:34 am

That's great that they are extending the hunting season. There are WAY too many deer around and hunting is one way of keeping up good deer management. Hopefully they will stick to this and not switch back to the "old" hunting season dates next year! I don't know if you hunt or not, Ridge, but if you do, More chances to harvest deer in Illinois 292134 and keep us posted!~!
Back to top Go down

More chances to harvest deer in Illinois
Page 1 of 1