BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Obama Administration Exempted BP From Environmenal Impact Statement

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Obama Administration Exempted BP From Environmenal Impact Statement Empty
PostSubject: Obama Administration Exempted BP From Environmenal Impact Statement   Obama Administration Exempted BP From Environmenal Impact Statement I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:27 pm

Environmentalists are still fuming over the fact that President Barack Obama ignored warnings from NOAA about major spills from offshore rigs before he opened up the East Coast to drilling. Now, it turns out that the Administration exempted BP from doing an environmental impact statement and accepted dismissive accounts regarding the potential for spills.

The Interior Department under Secretary Ken Salazar exempted BP’s Gulf of Mexico drilling operation from a detailed environmental impact analysis last year. That decision was made by the Minerals Management Service (MMS), which has been clouded in scandals involving corruption and close ties to industry. Environmentalists strongly opposed Ken Salazar because of his own close ties to drilling interests and generally poor environmental voting record.

Yet, the criticism of Obama in the aftermath of this tragedy has been quite modest. One can only imagine the outcry if President Bush opened up the East Coast to drilling, said that rigs do not cause spills (here), disregarded warnings about such spills from his own agency (here), and waived an environmental impact study based on the industry’s assurance. On top of that, Obama has been the largest recipient of BP campaign money (here). No one expects the President to follow waivers of impact studies — that is Salazar’s job. However, once again, the muted criticism from liberals is striking.

The MMS itself is often ridiculed as a rubber stamp. In this case, it lived up to its reputation. In one assessment, it stated that “a large oil spill” from a platform would not exceed a total of 1,500 barrels and that a spill “offshore of the inner Continental shelf,” would not reach the coast. In another assessment, it defined the most likely large spill as totaling no more than 4,600 barrels and, in a Limbaugh-like assessment, insisted that nature would take care of much of the problem.
.... more..... http://jonathanturley.org/2010/05/06/obama-administration-exempted-bp-from-environmenal-impact-statement/
Back to top Go down
richardcatdaddy
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
richardcatdaddy

Number of posts : 2202
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Obama Administration Exempted BP From Environmenal Impact Statement   Obama Administration Exempted BP From Environmenal Impact Statement I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:33 pm

Obama...Latin for big joke.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Obama Administration Exempted BP From Environmenal Impact Statement   Obama Administration Exempted BP From Environmenal Impact Statement I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:40 pm

Obama...Indian word for dumbass
Back to top Go down
arlington
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
arlington

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Obama Administration Exempted BP From Environmenal Impact Statement   Obama Administration Exempted BP From Environmenal Impact Statement I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 9:35 pm

I set and watch the tv and I realize more and more that this is not just bad but it is a horror. 36 days today and Obama has still not got his ass in gear and put every boot he can get working on keeping this death off the beaches and wet lands. What in the name of God is he thinking. Does he not realize the effect this is going to have on this country?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jmjoutdoorworld.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obama Administration Exempted BP From Environmenal Impact Statement   Obama Administration Exempted BP From Environmenal Impact Statement I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obama Administration Exempted BP From Environmenal Impact Statement
Page 1 of 1