BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Two-day carp bounty offered

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Two-day carp bounty offered Empty
PostSubject: Two-day carp bounty offered   Two-day carp bounty offered I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 10:30 pm

I think they should do this in every lake that has carp.

Attention carp hunters - here's a profitable opportunity - rather than a carp tournament, a carp bounty will be offered.

For two nights only: Friday, May 28 and Saturday, June 5, a carp bounty will be offered for each fish you haul in from Lake Minnewaska or Pelican Lake in Pope County.

The Pope County Land and Resource Management department is partnering with the Minnewaska and Pelican Lake Associations to sponsor the event.

A total of $3,000 in cash will be available for the two dates.

The bounty is set at 50 cents per fish, for the first 2,800 carp registered the morning following each of the two nights.

There will also be a $100 cash prize for the largest carp registered for each date.

Bounty details

On each of the two nights there will be a mandatory registration meeting at 7 p.m. at Glenwood's City Beach.

The actual event starts at 9:30 p.m.

At the meeting, each three-person team per boat must register and the rules for the bounty will be reviewed.

The fish counts will be held at 7 a.m. sharp the morning after each event - the morning of Saturday, May 29 and Sunday, June 6 at the Transfer Station.

To qualify for the bounty, the dead fish must be brought to the Transfer Station in Starbuck - maps will be handed out during registration.

Each team's captain must be at the Starbuck Transfer Station with the fish by 7 a.m. If you arrive late you will be disqualified.

After the fish are counted, the bounty will be paid to each team. The $100 cash prize will also be issued to the largest carp.

It is the responsibility of each team to ensure that their boat complies with all of the state boating requirements and that they follow the state's regulations for bowfishing.

Organizers have extended their thanks to the DNR for the agency's support and cooperation for the eradication of carp in local lakes.

If you have any questions about the bounty, contact Steven Lawrence at 320-634-5715 or Michael Stai at 320-634-5961.

The Link.

http://www.pctribune.com/main.asp?FromHome=1&TypeID=1&ArticleID=7989&SectionID=1&SubSectionID=16
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Two-day carp bounty offered   Two-day carp bounty offered I_icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 1:34 am

awwww i soo wish beaverdam lake here did this !!! Two-day carp bounty offered 989950
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Two-day carp bounty offered   Two-day carp bounty offered I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 1:21 am

They should offer more.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Two-day carp bounty offered   Two-day carp bounty offered I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:46 am

Sounds like a good plan to me!~!
Back to top Go down
jerseycat9
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jerseycat9

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Two-day carp bounty offered   Two-day carp bounty offered I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 6:47 am

Its truely amazing that carp as an invasive species have spread so far and so wide successfully in American waters. I often wonder how good fishing would be in this country if the carp never made it here Question
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two-day carp bounty offered   Two-day carp bounty offered I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1