BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who went fishing today??

Go down 
+7
saltfisher1
Grumpy
marlboro920
catfish willy
ridgerunner
North Star
papa
11 posters
AuthorMessage
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Who went fishing today?? Empty
PostSubject: Who went fishing today??   Who went fishing today?? I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 12:39 am

Wondering who all went fishing today and where and how did you do??

ridge and I went out tonight to a small local lake and tried our luck. ridge was usning crawlers and me shrimp. We had some little nibbles from little fish but no takers. It was a good time, ridge and I get in a lot of chattin while we are out.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Who went fishing today??   Who went fishing today?? I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 7:34 am

Didn't make it out yesterday but after we finish the paper route today we are going to go, i generally don't go on our opener weekend of fishing because there are just to many people but my son is taking me in the boat so that is what im doing. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Who went fishing today??   Who went fishing today?? I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:42 am

Didn't have much luck but did have a good time. Anytime you're sitting along the bank is a good time. Here's a picture of when I used to be able to catch fish.
Who went fishing today?? Mbpwd1
Back to top Go down
catfish willy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
catfish willy

Number of posts : 787
Registration date : 2008-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Who went fishing today??   Who went fishing today?? I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 12:01 pm

I went back to the same place I went to the day before yesterday. We only caught 2 each and some bass.
Back to top Go down
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: Who went fishing today??   Who went fishing today?? I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:32 pm

me n jr went yesterday ....was useing worms but had the wrong bait ....guy next to us was useing minnows ....he got one slab croppie an got a 2 foot northren pike up to the dock n it broke the line ....other than that jr did catch 1 lil bull head ....an i had a good time watch the sliver of moon come an go lol Smile
Back to top Go down
Grumpy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Grumpy

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Who went fishing today??   Who went fishing today?? I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 2:36 pm

It won't stop raining here long enough for me to go.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Who went fishing today??   Who went fishing today?? I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 8:33 pm

I tried to go but the storms were too close...I went yesterday though and snagged a few bluefish on jigs and spoons at the seawall.
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146

PostSubject: Re: Who went fishing today??   Who went fishing today?? I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 7:49 am

We didn't go this weekend. Had too many things that needed to get done.... Not only that, it's been raining too much to go fishing. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
graybeard
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
graybeard

Number of posts : 556

PostSubject: Re: Who went fishing today??   Who went fishing today?? I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 8:02 pm

Went with Mom out to her pond on Sunday, we got about 40 bluegills. It was a little on the cool side out there, but the fish co-operated quite well. Hopefully get out a bit this weekend. Ain't really went catfishing much yet this year, and the river is just getting back into it's banks again. Hopefully by Memorial day weekend, it'll be good to go.
Back to top Go down
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

PostSubject: Re: Who went fishing today??   Who went fishing today?? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 3:13 am

went fishin with jr my oldest son .....lil brat skunked me agian .....musky told me a lil saying n an old guy did agian to night ,,,,winds outta the east fish bite the least ....jr did catch 2 fatty bullheads tho ...i was useing worm minnows an leeches. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
jerseycat9
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jerseycat9

Number of posts : 418

PostSubject: Re: Who went fishing today??   Who went fishing today?? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 6:38 am

A little late but I made it out Sunday with a fishing buddy from my old job. We left the ramp wanting to find some crappie but we figured with bassin beins as good as it had been we would start out for some early morning topwater and switch over to crappie when they pulled up tight on brush and rocks later in the morning. Well the plan backfired cause bassin was second to none lol We launched at 7am and had about 20 in the boat by 9am running poppers and weightless zoom flukes. By noon we had both lost count as we probably had 20 bass each respectively between the both of us. We tried dropping jigs on a secret brush pile of his for some crappie and still caught bass. Towards the end of the day he started throwing a rubber worm on a scrounger head jig and I ran crankbaits deep over rock piles and thats when we caught our biggest of the day. I pulled a 5+lb spotted bass and he nailed a beaut in the 4lb range. All in all a top knotch day on the water and cant wait to get back out and do it again. We got back to the ramp during a private tourny weigh in and I can honestly say that our best 5 five each that we caught were much larger than the 5 that the winner of that tourny weighed in. Maybe I should test the waters with this tourny fishing??
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Who went fishing today??   Who went fishing today?? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 9:37 pm

Going tommorrow afternoon...Theyre saying the oil could ce here Sunday or Monday so I'm gonna get out there one more time atleast.
Back to top Go down
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Who went fishing today??   Who went fishing today?? I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 11:03 pm

I have been fishing this week.. I spent alot time on my boat out on lake all day so did manage one nice 30" pike so then head back to the pier so fishing around the pier so ended up with 25 gills and 9 bullheads.
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520

PostSubject: Re: Who went fishing today??   Who went fishing today?? I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:28 pm

Last night ridge and I hit one of the ponds we fish, river is to high right now. We caught a few small bully's,m that was all, but we enjoyed our selves, and that s a lot of it right there.
Back to top Go down
Grumpy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Grumpy

Number of posts : 391

PostSubject: Re: Who went fishing today??   Who went fishing today?? I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 3:49 pm

I'm planning on going tomorrow. Got to go to the doctor to get some prescriptions renewed first and then I'm going to try to get enough catfish for a fish fry. The water is still high here and falling, so limb lines probably wouldn't do too good. I may put out a couple of trotlines. Of course they will be baited with weenies.
Back to top Go down
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

PostSubject: Re: Who went fishing today??   Who went fishing today?? I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 2:40 am

went yesterday with the wife n boys ....i caught 4 bass ...all about 2 inches to small but had fun catchin n realesing ....rose n the boys just sucked up the sun . sunny
Back to top Go down
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Who went fishing today??   Who went fishing today?? I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:09 pm

marlboro920 wrote:
went yesterday with the wife n boys ....i caught 4 bass ...all about 2 inches to small but had fun catchin n realesing ....rose n the boys just sucked up the sun . sunny

Wheres catfish?? lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who went fishing today??   Who went fishing today?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who went fishing today??
Page 1 of 1