BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Searching For Catfish

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Searching For Catfish Empty
PostSubject: Searching For Catfish   Searching For Catfish I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 9:39 am

Talk to the local fishery's biologist to find out the spawning time in your area.
Look for rocky structures for possible spawning sites.
Study a topographical map for underwater structures or contours on the bottom of a lake that are attractive to catfish.
Study local bait fish and their habits.
Use bait such as night crawlers, shrimp, shad, chicken liver or minnows.
Float bait at various depths to find the feeding area. these are just a few of the things i have done in areas i don't know. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Number of posts : 1818
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Catfish   Searching For Catfish I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 9:07 am

Yep sounds like good advise to me..Thanks Mike..
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Catfish   Searching For Catfish I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 10:55 am

There Are Alot Of Other Ways You Can Figure This Out, But You Need To Want To Spend Some Time And Work At It. I Have Just Went To A Body Of Water Before And Did Alot Of Walking And Trying Of Different Hooks, Baits, Depths, Areas, If You Don't Mind Doing That It Is Rather Fun To Me Just Don't Trespass And Get In Trouble.
Back to top Go down
T.C.
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
T.C.

Number of posts : 1818

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Catfish   Searching For Catfish I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 11:00 am

North Star wrote:
There Are Alot Of Other Ways You Can Figure This Out, But You Need To Want To Spend Some Time And Work At It. I Have Just Went To A Body Of Water Before And Did Alot Of Walking And Trying Of Different Hooks, Baits, Depths, Areas, If You Don't Mind Doing That It Is Rather Fun To Me Just Don't Trespass And Get In Trouble.

Yea..That's the problem..Trespassing..A lot of people don't want you on their land any more..I can understand that..
Back to top Go down
pappy3
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
pappy3

Number of posts : 421

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Catfish   Searching For Catfish I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 11:04 am

When I am looking for a new spot what I do is in my boat just putt along shore lines looking for something different it doesn't have to be much in some cases only a slight depresion! The more of a change the better and more likely you wiil catch in that spot.
I found a spot in our lake that wasn't on the map whwere the river came within 20 yds of the bank, now you may not think much of this but when you are looking at a lake that is 2 miles across at this spot. Also the bank drops off from shore to 42 feet in that 20 yds!! So that in it self is a plus. Another thing there are stumps everywhere you look so that is more cover that draws them in.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Catfish   Searching For Catfish I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2008 11:11 am

T.C. wrote:
North Star wrote:

Yea..That's the problem..Trespassing..A lot of people don't want you on their land any more..I can understand that..
Tessie alot of the trespassing issues and why people don't want you on there land is because if you get hurt or killed on there land they are responsible for it and they would be in big trouble.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Searching For Catfish   Searching For Catfish I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Searching For Catfish
Page 1 of 1