BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dying Old Priest

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Dying Old Priest Empty
PostSubject: Dying Old Priest   Dying Old Priest I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:09 am

In Washington , D.C. an old priest lay dying in the hospital. For years he had faithfully served the people of the nation's capital and was well known among the elected officials. He motioned for his nurse to come near.

"Yes, Father?" said the nurse.

"I would really like to see President Obama and Speaker Pelosi before I die", whispered the priest.

"I'll see what I can do, Father", replied the nurse.

The nurse sent the request to The President and Congress and waited for a response. Soon the word arrived; President Obama and Nancy Pelosi would be delighted to visit the priest.

As they went to the hospital, Obama commented to Pelosi, "I don't know why the old priest wants to see us, but it will certainly help our images and might even get me re-elected."

Pelosi agreed that it was a good thing.

When they arrived at the priest's room, the priest took Obama's hand in his right hand and Pelosi's hand in his left hand. There was silence and a look of serenity on the old priest's face.

Finally President Obama spoke.. "Father, of all the people you could have chosen, why did you choose us to be with you as you near the end?"

The old priest slowly replied, "I have always tried to pattern my life after our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."

"Amen", said Obama.

"Amen", said Pelosi.

The old priest continued, "Jesus died between two lying thieves; I would like to do the same."
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Dying Old Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dying Old Priest   Dying Old Priest I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:13 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
richardcatdaddy
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
richardcatdaddy

Number of posts : 2202
Registration date : 2008-03-24

Dying Old Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dying Old Priest   Dying Old Priest I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 9:27 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dying Old Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dying Old Priest   Dying Old Priest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dying Old Priest
Page 1 of 1