BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Local Police Calling Burglary "Unbelievable"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Local Police Calling Burglary "Unbelievable" Empty
PostSubject: Local Police Calling Burglary "Unbelievable"   Local Police Calling Burglary "Unbelievable" I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:46 am

In this day and age, why would someone think of having a store like this an NOT have a security system??????? I do not feel for the person/people when they get caught for this. It is unbelievable that they were able to get the things out of the store, letting alone take off with all of this stuff in a "rental" truck to boot.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Laura Donaldson
Story Published: Nov 16, 2009 at 5:25 PM EST

(Story Updated: Nov 16, 2009 at 5:26 PM EST )
ANGOLA, Ind. (Indiana’s NewsCenter) - It's a burglary local police are calling unbelievable.

Multimedia Watch The Video Police say around 11 p.m. Friday; robbers cut a hole in the back siding of the Sears store in Angola on North Wayne Street.

They say one person entered and may have unlocked the door for accomplices. Once inside, the bandits took power tools, garage door openers, and at least 28-flat screen TVs.

Sears Manager Melissa Metroff says the thieves knew what they were doing because they spent more than an hour un-hooking the display TV wires, not cutting them, and took the remotes, manuals and prices so they would know how much the sets were worth.

The suspects then loaded a large rental truck with the items and left.

“It was amazing that someone could take that much stuff at one time,” Angola Police Chief Stu Hamblen said.

Metroff says the worst part about this situation; they didn't have a security system.

“With money tight, it hasn't been able to be on the forefront,” Metroff said. “Mainly getting people through the holiday, getting bills paid, payroll, stuff like that. That's been the most forefront in the mind.”

Hamblen says in his 19 years with the force this incident stands apart from all the others.

“We've had something similar to this situation happen before, but not at this magnitude,” Hamblen said. “Usually someone breaks in and usually they're looking for cash. Or they maybe take one item something that they can usually carry out. Yeah, this is unbelievable.”

Metroff says her family has owned this store for 6 years and in the past has never thought about getting a security system.

“We just never really felt uncomfortable in that respect,” Metroff said. “Never really thought about it too much.”

She says they've lost at least $50,000 worth of inventory but decided to open their doors on Saturday to continue business for the holidays. She says re-stocking the shelves for Thanksgiving weekend is concerning and she is hoping the community will rally around their family-owned store.

Metroff says she will be getting a security system very soon.

Police need your help finding the suspects. Call the Angola Police Department at 260-665-2121 if you have any information in this case.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Local Police Calling Burglary "Unbelievable"   Local Police Calling Burglary "Unbelievable" I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:58 am

Morons to all of them what the hell should the people feel sorry for them for it was there fault and only there fault and as for the theives they will be caught in due time and i hope justice will take care of that. hell i think the moron store owners should get charged with something hyere also. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Local Police Calling Burglary "Unbelievable"   Local Police Calling Burglary "Unbelievable" I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 12:09 pm

Bunch of goobers!!
Back to top Go down
jerseycat9
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jerseycat9

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Local Police Calling Burglary "Unbelievable"   Local Police Calling Burglary "Unbelievable" I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 9:23 am

Yep I agree Salt goobers the whole danged lot of them lol
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

PostSubject: Re: Local Police Calling Burglary "Unbelievable"   Local Police Calling Burglary "Unbelievable" I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 10:25 am

Oh... I forgot to mention that Angola, Indiana where this happened at, is only about 1/2 hour from where I live.....
Back to top Go down
richardcatdaddy
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
richardcatdaddy

Number of posts : 2202
Registration date : 2008-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Local Police Calling Burglary "Unbelievable"   Local Police Calling Burglary "Unbelievable" I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 10:28 am

Say Peg..got any tvs for sale? affraid
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

PostSubject: Re: Local Police Calling Burglary "Unbelievable"   Local Police Calling Burglary "Unbelievable" I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 10:30 am

Nope... I only have 1 TV.. It's not for sale and don't have any other ones to give or sell lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Local Police Calling Burglary "Unbelievable"   Local Police Calling Burglary "Unbelievable" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Local Police Calling Burglary "Unbelievable"
Page 1 of 1