BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Relaxation Drink Has Some Calling it Liquid Pot

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Relaxation Drink Has Some Calling it Liquid Pot Empty
PostSubject: Relaxation Drink Has Some Calling it Liquid Pot   Relaxation Drink Has Some Calling it Liquid Pot I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 8:15 am

Drank product is being called
'weed in a can'

PHOENIX - There's a new drink being sold in Arizona -- but why are people comparing it to pot? It's called Drank, and it's a 16-ounce soda drink that tastes sort of like grape soda.

It's the opposite of an energy drink. Drank calls itself an extreme relaxation product, so much so, that some have dubbed it "weed in a can."

Brandon Rycombel sells and delivers Drank to stores. He says, "I think a lot of people use that for stress relief. That's what we use it for."

It contains melatonin, valerian root and rose hips, a remedy that supposedly slows you down.

"In our day and age, we've got a lot of stress. The economy is bad. People need something to help them relax, bring them down," says Rycombel.

A spokesperson says it's an alternative -- not a substitute -- for marijuana. "This isn't going to get you into any trouble," says Rycombel. "You can buy it in the store. It's legal."

Adam Hinojosa says drinking Drank helps him sleep. "While I have never tried pot, I will admit that I know a few people who have used it. I'd say the comparison is as wrong as you can be."

Hinojosa drinks it 3 to 4 times a week. "There's no sensation of getting high with Drank. It feels no different than falling asleep under your own normal, natural mechanisms."

The can includes the warning: "This product may cause drowsiness. Not recommended more than 2 servings within a 24-hour period.

A Drank spokesperson says many evergy drinks with caffeine contain a warning label, which is a standard industry practice. He also says Drank has sold millions of cans with no reports of adverse effects.

A medical toxicologist says pregnant or nursing women, children and people taking medications should talk to a doctor before having the ingredient valerian.
Back to top Go down
ridgerunner
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
ridgerunner

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Relaxation Drink Has Some Calling it Liquid Pot Empty
PostSubject: Re: Relaxation Drink Has Some Calling it Liquid Pot   Relaxation Drink Has Some Calling it Liquid Pot I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 8:34 am

Wonder if it's cheaper than beer?
Back to top Go down

Relaxation Drink Has Some Calling it Liquid Pot
Page 1 of 1