BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

River Channels/In Lakes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

River Channels/In Lakes Empty
PostSubject: River Channels/In Lakes   River Channels/In Lakes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 10:33 am

So we all know river channels can be the key to crappie most of the year..My question is how do yall fish the river channel, or I guess how do you find it, diagnose where they are and everything else that pertains to it. Is the only viable way to find the river channel in the lake and follow it is by having a 1000dollar fish finder and all the hot-spot maps without seeing the lake before it was flooded. Just wondering if any one has any pointers as to how they do it now if ya don't have the equipment. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: River Channels/In Lakes   River Channels/In Lakes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 12:10 pm

We always fished from the bank growing up. We didn't do much crappie fishing; however, we have done more than our share of catfishing. My mom always told me to watch the way that the water flows and to peg where the current starts and stops on each side of the river. To this day, this still holds true for me while fishing in a river for catfish. Sometimes it doesn't work, but most of the time it will. If you are outside of that current bed, you're not going to get many bites. If you're inside that current bed, waaa laaa.. the bite is usually pretty good!
Back to top Go down
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: River Channels/In Lakes   River Channels/In Lakes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 4:12 pm

Well I don't have catch too many crappies on the river, but a very few.. I found them by the brush and near the dam- less current while fishing for walleyes and white bass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: River Channels/In Lakes   River Channels/In Lakes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

River Channels/In Lakes
Page 1 of 1