BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fishing opener-2009 -keep it clean!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
steve7681
Penny
Penny

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-20

Fishing opener-2009 -keep it clean! Empty
PostSubject: Fishing opener-2009 -keep it clean!   Fishing opener-2009 -keep it clean! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 1:55 pm

I know it's been said before on this site, but as you go out fishing this year ( and even this winter yet) please bring a garbage bag with you. There are those people? out there that believe the whole outdoors is just one big dump for all of their garbage.
If we want to keep or lakes,rivers, etc. nice and clean for the next generation, we need to take it upon ourselves to do what we can to keep the great outdoors, just that ..great!

And if you see anyone throwing garbage, fishing line, cans, anything, please do not be afraid to call those in charge. I have done it in ther past and will continue to do so. We bring our sons, daughters, grandkids out for an afternoon of fishing or just enjoying nature and what kind of message do we send to those young people when all they see is someone else's junk laying around. It's really sad.

We all need to do what we can.

Thanks.

Steve
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Fishing opener-2009 -keep it clean!   Fishing opener-2009 -keep it clean! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 2:02 pm

Steve my friend you are so correct and i agree 100% on every word you spoke, i always pick up trash every time and every were i am whether it be fishing or any thing out doors. And yes, if more people would call in the littering there would for sure be much less trash out there in our lakes or in our parks. Needless to say i can bet there would be much less of people littering these places, thanks for posting this buddy i think it is the best post so far of the year. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Fishing opener-2009 -keep it clean!   Fishing opener-2009 -keep it clean! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 4:01 pm

I clean up everytime I go fishing..I ended up with 38 pounds of cans from other people messes after picking through the garbage....I picked up atleast 6 bags of plastic cups/bowls/bags/buckets/lids...ect... in a months time on the beach in a 1/4 mile stretch....That aint good folks....That plastic eventually starts to break down and turn into a toxic soup that marine life will ingest....Eventually seafood wont be fit to eat.
Back to top Go down
steve7681
Penny
Penny

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Fishing opener-2009 -keep it clean!   Fishing opener-2009 -keep it clean! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 11:28 pm

Thanks to you guys, and all the others out there who are keeping their corner of the outdoors clean for all to enjoy!
Back to top Go down
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Fishing opener-2009 -keep it clean!   Fishing opener-2009 -keep it clean! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 1:54 pm

I also pick up trash that other people leave. I never leave my trash lay around and don't like to see trash laying around making the fishing spots look ugly.
Back to top Go down
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Fishing opener-2009 -keep it clean!   Fishing opener-2009 -keep it clean! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 11:52 pm

Yea I agree with it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fishing opener-2009 -keep it clean!   Fishing opener-2009 -keep it clean! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fishing opener-2009 -keep it clean!
Page 1 of 1