BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Woman tries to pay old fine, but gets arrested

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Woman tries to pay old fine, but gets arrested Empty
PostSubject: Woman tries to pay old fine, but gets arrested   Woman tries to pay old fine, but gets arrested I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 12:35 pm

NARRAGANSETT, R.I. – A mother of three was arrested when she tried to pay a 13-year-old fine for a youthful misstep. Christina Dugan Lloyd was sorting old papers when she found a $2,000 citation from 1996 she said she forgot about. The offense: speeding through Utah with an expired driver's license and possession of a controlled substance.

Now 38, married and with three kids, Lloyd called the sheriff in Utah on Monday to pay the fine. She was told someone would have to call her back.

The Providence Journal reported that instead, Narragansett police came to her house and arrested her. She was booked, held overnight and released the next day after paying the fine by credit card.

Lloyd said not paying the fine earlier was "so stupid" and that police and court personnel were nice.

___

Information from: The Providence Journal, http://www.projo.com/
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Woman tries to pay old fine, but gets arrested   Woman tries to pay old fine, but gets arrested I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 21, 2009 1:16 pm

They should have let her pay it and walk...there was no need for a night in jail.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Woman tries to pay old fine, but gets arrested   Woman tries to pay old fine, but gets arrested I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 7:59 am

I agree 100% Greg they were just looking for attention on this and what they get i hope is all negative.
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woman tries to pay old fine, but gets arrested   Woman tries to pay old fine, but gets arrested I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Woman tries to pay old fine, but gets arrested
Page 1 of 1