BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's Getting To Be That Time Of Year

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

It's Getting To Be That Time Of Year Empty
PostSubject: It's Getting To Be That Time Of Year   It's Getting To Be That Time Of Year I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 12:18 pm

Well Folks Our Summer Seems To Be Coming To A Fast End This Year Even Though Summer Just Seem Like It Started, This Means That We Have To Start Working On The Shacks And Getting Them Ready To Go For Ice On. This Past Summer I Was Going To Rebuild Mine For This Season But I Run Into Some Issues And This Couldn't Be Done, So It Is On My Next Year To Do List. This Year I Think That I Will Be Trying A Few Different Lakes For Both Angling And For Spearing Depending On The Water Levels By Then, We Really Need Some Rain. Soon I Will Be Pulling Out The Portable And Getting It Fixed Up, Sure Hope The Mice Stayed Out Of It This Time Im Sure The Did Since I Loaded It With Moth Balls They Hate That Stuff. The House On Wheels Will Just Have To Get Cleaned Up And Put Out The Way It Is, Theirs Nothing Wrong With It I Just Wanted A New Look This Year With New Carpet And New Gadgets It Will Just Have To Wait. Whats On Your Agenda This Winter In The Shacks Are You Changing Any Thing. Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
graybeard
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
graybeard

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting To Be That Time Of Year   It's Getting To Be That Time Of Year I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 8:54 pm

Don't think I'm gonna change much, but I'm thinking about getting a hose and adapter for my buddy heater so I don't have to change those one pound propane bottles all the time. Trouble is, I don't want to haul along a 20 lber, and the 5 and 10 lb bottles cost an arm and a leg. I'll probably wait and see what kind of winter we have before I spend the money. I'm looking forward to ice season, but I hope to do a lot of open water fishing between now and then also. I take my auger off the wall about once a month and start it up for a few minutes, that always gives me the urge. Smile
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting To Be That Time Of Year   It's Getting To Be That Time Of Year I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 11:57 pm

Got any ideas for a easy/light weight wind block thats easily carried?
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting To Be That Time Of Year   It's Getting To Be That Time Of Year I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 8:21 am

saltfisher1 wrote:
Got any ideas for a easy/light weight wind block thats easily carried?
Are You Looking For Just A Wall Or Something To Sit In. Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting To Be That Time Of Year   It's Getting To Be That Time Of Year I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 9:34 am

Kinda like a wall to block wind and airborne sand on the beach..Kinda sux to gedt sand in my sandwich or tacklebox.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting To Be That Time Of Year   It's Getting To Be That Time Of Year I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 10:15 am

Here Out On The Ice I See Alot Of People That Take A Tarp And Fasten It To A Post On Each End The Dig Holes In The Ice And Stand It Up And Sit Out Of The Wind, Works Good.
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting To Be That Time Of Year   It's Getting To Be That Time Of Year I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 12:04 pm

I guess I could take 2 pvc pipes and drive then in the ground with a rubber mallet and tie a tarp to them.
Back to top Go down
graybeard
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
graybeard

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting To Be That Time Of Year   It's Getting To Be That Time Of Year I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 6:39 pm

An old neighbor used to have 2 small pieces of plywood hinged together for a windbreak that he would sit behind,just wide enough and high enough to protect him.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting To Be That Time Of Year   It's Getting To Be That Time Of Year I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 9:52 pm

graybeard wrote:
An old neighbor used to have 2 small pieces of plywood hinged together for a windbreak that he would sit behind,just wide enough and high enough to protect him.
Hey That Is A Good Idea Also. cheers
Back to top Go down
marlboro920
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
marlboro920

Number of posts : 1525
Registration date : 2007-12-14

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting To Be That Time Of Year   It's Getting To Be That Time Of Year I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 1:54 am

hey just a tid bit.....the makers of winnebagos moble home makers have a used parts shop in forrestcity iowa.... last time i was there they had every thing from furnaces to stoves to ???dont know if they have a web site or not. silent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Getting To Be That Time Of Year   It's Getting To Be That Time Of Year I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's Getting To Be That Time Of Year
Page 1 of 1