BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

QUESTION

Go down 
+6
Dragger
Rockhound
graybeard
North Star
Grumpy
arlington
10 posters
AuthorMessage
arlington
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
arlington

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2007-12-05

QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: QUESTION   QUESTION I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 6:54 pm

Do you use the old way of filleting your catfish,, you know, skin it first and fillet it with a regular knife or do you use an electric knife? I had always skinned mine first and that why I never keep many fish..I'm to dang tired after fishing all day or night to do it any more..Now, ole Grumpy showed me the tricks of using an electric knife. I will NEVER do it the old way again.. Doug showed me how last year but I never tried it untill Grumpy got me into it the other day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jmjoutdoorworld.com
Grumpy
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Grumpy

Number of posts : 391
Registration date : 2007-12-08

QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUESTION   QUESTION I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 7:04 pm

Yep, I showed him how I did it one time and I didn't have to clean any more fish. O'l John did the rest of them because it was so much fun.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875

QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUESTION   QUESTION I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 8:27 pm

I Have Never Used A Electric Fillet Knife Before But This Has Got Me Thinking That I Had Better Give This A Try, If It Makes It Easier And Quicker Im All For It Heck Maybe I Can Get My Kid To Clean More Fish This Way. Laughing cheers
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
arlington
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
arlington

QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUESTION   QUESTION I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 8:29 pm

North Star wrote:
I Have Never Used A Electric Fillet Knife Before But This Has Got Me Thinking That I Had Better Give This A Try, If It Makes It Easier And Quicker Im All For It Heck Maybe I Can Get My Kid To Clean More Fish This Way. Laughing cheers
Mike,,you can clean a catfish 10 times faster with an electric knife. I went to Wally World and got a Black & Decker for under $10. Its a dang fine knife to.
Back to top Go down
graybeard
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
graybeard

Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2007-12-08

QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUESTION   QUESTION I_icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 10:57 pm

Electric is the onlly way to go. On eater size especially, you can zip them out in no time. On bigger ones, sometimes I still skin them first and do them with a regular knife, but mostly use the electric. Kinda hard on blades going through them ribs, but worth it. I can't hardly do it by hand anymore. Used to be if I just had a few, I didn't think it was worth getting out the electric knife, but I do now.
Back to top Go down
Rockhound
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Rockhound

Number of posts : 596
Registration date : 2007-12-07

QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUESTION   QUESTION I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 3:08 pm

I still use the old elbow muscle, but for 10 bucks, I might give the electric a try"
Back to top Go down
Dragger
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
Dragger

Number of posts : 244
Registration date : 2007-12-15

QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUESTION   QUESTION I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:14 pm

arlington wrote:
North Star wrote:
Mike,,you can clean a catfish 10 times faster with an electric knife. I went to Wally World and got a Black & Decker for under $10. Its a dang fine knife to.
John,I got mine at wal-mart and had to pay $34.97, How did you get one for 10 Bucks????????? were they just trying to get you out of the store?????????? Shocked Embarassed Shocked Embarassed affraid affraid affraid
Back to top Go down
Doug
Dime
Dime
Doug

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2007-12-17

QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUESTION   QUESTION I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:29 pm

My Wife gets them for me at the Good will or Salvation army stores for 4 or 5 dollars and if you use a flat sharpening stick you can keep an edge on them easy
Back to top Go down
arlington
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
arlington

QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUESTION   QUESTION I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:33 pm

Dragger wrote:
arlington wrote:
North Star wrote:
John,I got mine at wal-mart and had to pay $34.97, How did you get one for 10 Bucks????????? were they just trying to get you out of the store?????????? Shocked Embarassed Shocked Embarassed affraid affraid affraid
Naw,,they just won't let me near the Bra section.
Back to top Go down
Doug
Dime
Dime
Doug

Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2007-12-17

QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUESTION   QUESTION I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:36 pm

arlington wrote:
Dragger wrote:
arlington wrote:
North Star wrote:
Why did you stretch some out trying them on ? LMAO sorry John couldn't resist cheers Shocked Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
arlington
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
arlington

QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUESTION   QUESTION I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 7:40 pm

Doug wrote:
arlington wrote:
Dragger wrote:
arlington wrote:
North Star wrote:
Why did you stretch some out trying them on ? LMAO sorry John couldn't resist cheers Shocked Laughing Laughing
Nope.LOL, i'm so tall they don't see my wife standing there. They just think some tall pervert is casing out the panty and bra section.
Back to top Go down
papa
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
papa

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2007-12-07

QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUESTION   QUESTION I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 10:25 pm

maybe I'll get ridge an electric, he does our cleaning, who knows I might be able to do one or two with an electric.
Back to top Go down
jimhs
Quarter-Dollar
Quarter-Dollar
jimhs

Number of posts : 378

QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUESTION   QUESTION I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 4:32 am

I tried an electric knife once and didn't care for it too much. Still prefer the old Rapala Fillete knives. I can do a Catfish in under one minute, including removing the skin off of the fillet.

Jim Cool
Back to top Go down
Muskyman
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
Muskyman

Number of posts : 2391
Registration date : 2007-12-13

QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUESTION   QUESTION I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 6:36 pm

I prefer old way of filleting the catfish, love to clean them but the electric knife is not for me...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: Re: QUESTION   QUESTION I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUESTION
Page 1 of 1