BIG FISH MIDWEST
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BIG FISH MIDWEST

Midwest Fishing At It's Finest

HomeGallerySearchPortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Three dead after falling through ice

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

Number of posts : 6146
Registration date : 2007-12-08

Three dead after falling through ice Empty
PostSubject: Three dead after falling through ice   Three dead after falling through ice I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 8:51 am

This is the kind of story that really burns my ass... WHERE were the children's parents????? I feel that the parents need to be charged for neglect and/or child endangerment.... This is so wrong. IF the parents would have been watching after these three children, they would be here today...

Updated: Sunday, 24 Jan 2010, 11:02 PM EST
Published : Sunday, 24 Jan 2010, 11:02 PM EST

Three children are dead today after falling through the ice on the Sandusky River. The boys, Da'Vontae Everett, 8, Jay'Den Everett, 7, and Rafael Villanueva, 10, all of Fremont, Ohio, were playing on the ice when it gave way and they fell into the water.

Sandusky Co. Sheriff's deputies received a report that the children had fallen through the ice at 1:23pm on Sunday. Deputies, along with personnel from the Lindsey Fire Department, Ballville Fire and Water-Rescue Department and Sandusky Fire Department, were dispatched to the scene of the incident, near the intersection of Harbor Hill Drive and Shorewood Drive in Sandusky Co. A search immediately began for the children once crews arrived.

After receiving additional assistance from other area agencies, the three children were recovered. Life-saving measures were taken once the children were taken out of the water and they were sent to area hospitals. All three were pronounced dead after arriving at the hospitals.

The incident remains under investigation.
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Three dead after falling through ice   Three dead after falling through ice I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 9:03 am

Yep it is really sad to hear things like this but it happens every year, you know we learned about ice and water in school here why don't they practice that in other schools. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

PostSubject: Re: Three dead after falling through ice   Three dead after falling through ice I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 8:00 am

They learn it here too, Mike. It's just that some kids don't care about what they learn in school and are going to do what they want to do... There was a little update that they were going on the ice to get dead fish when they fell through and their older brother was with them.... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
North Star
Site owner
Site owner
North Star

Number of posts : 12875
Registration date : 2007-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Three dead after falling through ice   Three dead after falling through ice I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:12 am

Sounds like a whats learned at home also issue. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://bigfishmidwest.forumotion.com
bluegill
Asst Admin
Asst Admin
bluegill

PostSubject: Re: Three dead after falling through ice   Three dead after falling through ice I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 9:39 am

Yep yep.. Some parents just don't watch their children like they should any more. But then again, some kids don't listen to their parents like they should either...
Back to top Go down
saltfisher1
Half-Dollar
Half-Dollar
saltfisher1

Number of posts : 8362
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Three dead after falling through ice   Three dead after falling through ice I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2010 12:28 pm

Thats just sad.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Three dead after falling through ice   Three dead after falling through ice I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Three dead after falling through ice
Page 1 of 1